EOM 2014 - Registration is open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attendee list added to post 1.
Nicely done.
smile.png

In a previous post he said he was leaving Friday.

Which day are you departing?

There are a number of us who will be traveling from NAFO in La Crosse to EOM in Maggie Valley. Depending on when you can take off, there might be a small train of riders to link up with during the week.

-wayne

Anyone heading from the West to the event PM me your travel plans. Maybe ride together into the event. (I am 90 miles West of Indy, Just across the Illinois Border)
Half day looks like 11:30 Central Time. Noon would give me time to go home

Ok, I'm registered. Probably leave Thursday, taking the scenic route to BRP. Possibly staying near Little Switzerland. Then a leasurely tour to Maggie Valley on Friday. See you all Friday.

Marine,

Friday around noon is the latest time. I may just feel a cold and cough coming on Thursday afternoon of the EOM. Especially if there is a few riders heading past me Thursday evening or Friday morning. By leaving at noon, they puts me rolling into the VALLEY about 9pm. I lose an hour crossing into eastern time zone. I am 7 miles into central time zone.

Hopefully you all will be gentle on me for my first time!!

PlanRegister

Pack

Ride

Arrive

Ride

Party

Sleep somewhere

Repeat until you have to leave
Pretty much it. I might switch the 1st two around maybe?... and add in socialize (accompanied in the party slot). One things for sure, it's very leisurely and you can take pace or just relax and do your own thang. Nobody forces anything, and they're all really great guys (in person), with a plethora of knowledge in almost any subject that comes up. Yes, including sheep... you'll soon learn ;)

Your first Rally/Meet will be memorable, hope to meet up with you! ENJOY IT :)

-KJ
TopSpeedy,

I hear the swapping of pack then register, but I am still slightly at the mercy of SCHOOL LAW 5400 with Dr Grace. The classes are supposed to stick to the scheduled days, but some college profs are eccentric and like to change scheduled meeting dates. The class only meets 3 weekends. I will know for sure this weekend which is the first weekend. I will be explicitly asking for clearance on the schedule.

I only know Allen C as we met in person at Moto GP. And I was at Wheaton's house in South Carolina, but he wasn't home and I helped myself to what he left on the porch for me!! (I won't say anything else......). Let's see if he reads this!

Can't wait to ride and hang with another group like BigJohn's in South Dakota. That was only for a few hours, but were memorable forever!!

Marine, Friday around noon is the latest time. I may just feel a cold and cough coming on Thursday afternoon of the EOM. Especially if there is a few riders heading past me Thursday evening or Friday morning. By leaving at noon, they puts me rolling into the VALLEY about 9pm. I lose an hour crossing into eastern time zone. I am 7 miles into central time zone.

Hopefully you all will be gentle on me for my first time!!
You will just need to perform the rookie tricks on the first night...
If you can get out Thursday, due to illness!, I am riding down that day. Not sure what time yet nor whether I'll be 1 or 2-up, but that will be clearer soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday at 6 my time would be the earliest. I actually am teaching some driver education classes after school. I am doing the behind the wheel portion. 15 year olds with little driving experience in an unfamiliar vehicle is just peachy!!

Thursday at 6 my time would be the earliest. I actually am teaching some driver education classes after school. I am doing the behind the wheel portion. 15 year olds with little driving experience in an unfamiliar vehicle is just peachy!!
Sounds terrible!

I need to be at MV around 6pm so I will be leaving early in the day, probably around 9am.

I understand. I however can't take 2 days off. Thursday night, I may take off and get a few hours in before hitting up a camp site a few hours toward the VALLEY.

Weds; Nashville, so a non-slab 305mi. ride into the MV including the Dragon as a warm-up. Should arrive around 6 Thurs as well

NasvilletoMaggieV_zps364284e0.png

Weds; Nashville, so a non-slab 305mi. ride into the MV including the Dragon as a warm-up. Should arrive around 6 Thurs as well
[img=[URL="https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/gokartsrus/BMW/NAFO-EOM%202014/NasvilletoMaggieV_zps364284e0.png%5D"]https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/gokartsrus/BMW/NAFO-EOM%202014/NasvilletoMaggieV_zps364284e0.png][/URL]
What time do you plan to leave Nashville? I might be able to ride down there Wed evening and join you Thu, if you are available. Still not sure if I'll be 2-up or single.

Registered and booked in the hotel. My brother Ray will ride up from Lookout Mountain and meet there on Friday. Looking forward to my first EOM!

[img=[URL="https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/gokartsrus/BMW/NAFO-EOM%202014/NasvilletoMaggieV_zps364284e0.png%5D"]https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m215/gokartsrus/BMW/NAFO-EOM%202014/NasvilletoMaggieV_zps364284e0.png][/URL]
What time do you plan to leave Nashville? I might be able to ride down there Wed evening and join you Thu, if you are available. Still not sure if I'll be 2-up or single.
Prob after breakfast sometime? The sooner we leave, the earlier we get to MaggieV. UR more than welcome to join us Allen!

Staying the Nashville nite at the Rodeway Inn. 311 West Trinity Ln. 615.227.9696 (choicehotels.com for the discounted rate)

(nothing fancy, and it was only $42.49/nite.)

Whole Itinerary here

ls.jpg

You do carry defensive hardware with you right TomSpeed???
aikido.gif

Prob after breakfast sometime? The sooner we leave, the earlier we get to MaggieV. UR more than welcome to join us Allen!Staying the Nashville nite at the Rodeway Inn. 311 West Trinity Ln. 615.227.9696 (choicehotels.com for the discounted rate)

Whole Itinerary here

You do carry defensive hardware with you right TomSpeed???
aikido.gif

Prob after breakfast sometime? The sooner we leave, the earlier we get to MaggieV. UR more than welcome to join us Allen!Staying the Nashville nite at the Rodeway Inn. 311 West Trinity Ln. 615.227.9696 (choicehotels.com for the discounted rate)

Whole Itinerary here
Hehe, well being from NY, I'll bet we've probably seen way worse ;)

Room Share at Maggie Valley?

I am cheap and have been looking for campgrounds around the area. Best Rate is $28 per night. That would be about half of a room at the Inn. I hate paying money for something I am barely going to be in. Riding and having a good time outside the room is the plan.

I figured there may be someone out there that is looking to half a room. Better have 2 beds or forget it.....No sheep tricks on the new guy.