EOM 2015 Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been cool here, in the 70s (F) here today....
Jamtart!!
cold.gif

Well, dry roads were just a fantasy. We had mid-40's once we got into MD and PA.. Ran the electric liners on high all afternoon.

Well, dry roads were just a fantasy. We had mid-40's once we got into MD and PA.. Ran the electric liners on high all afternoon.
Yikes!! This weather has been brutal. You guys have been getting pummeled. The bright side is that eventually all that crap will go away. The sooner the better. When you guys start seeing dry asphalt you'll forget all about this and smile again while thinking of the next EOM. We ride bikes. Being half fish is part of the fun! :)

Well Vic, you need to convince Marie that. Getting packed to leave Tellico now. 50's and rain, what else? Hoping it'll clear out for us after Atlanta. Wish us luck. ☔

Finally found dry pavement in NY this afternoon, and the temps even (briefly) made it above 50F! We arrived home safe at about 5pm with a hint of sunshine trying to break through the clouds.

While it didn't all go as planned, we don't regret a single minute of the trip. We had a fantastic time at EOM, it was good catching up with our friend in SC, and we both badly needed the mental unplugging from our jobs for a while.

Thanks again to Wayne and all who pulled together to make EOM happen, and we hope to see many of you again next year, if not before!

1,745 miles ? THAT'S IT??? Completely unacceptable. So, let's go back to Lewisburg for Thanksgiving :D

My attempt at dodging the rain Sunday utterly failed. We managed to stop getting rained on around Hungry Mother state park. Took a ride up half the Back of the Dragon, took VA 42 and other roads over to TN / VA 70, then bedded in Knoxville. Monday we headed for the Devil's Triangle -- the only named motorcycle route in the GA / SC / NC / TN / VA region I'd never been on. We were warned away from that route during the 2009 EOM but pretty much all of TN 119 has been recently repaved, crews are out there now fixing the few places that still need it, and there is no active mining or logging. It was a great piece of road in fantastic condition.
Then we headed for the Dragon to pick up Devil's Triangle stickers for the bikes. Moonshiner to Franklin, NC, where I noticed my rear tire showing quite a bit of belt. Too late for any shops to be open. I hunted down the cell phone number for the owner of a nearby shop and he told me that he had no tires close to FJR size. Sigh. I've had a bad time trying to get a tire in western NC before and with the forecast for Tuesday absolutely sucking I figure my best shot is to keep going and try my best not to die.

White knuckled it the last 120 miles home on mostly wet roads. Did not die. 1,745 miles total.

My thanks to Wayne, Gerald, Brenda, my wife, and everyone else who helped put this weekend together. Can't wait for my fourth EOM!

Well Vic, you need to convince Marie that. Getting packed to leave Tellico now. 50's and rain, what else? Hoping it'll clear out for us after Atlanta. Wish us luck. ☔
Good to meet you at the Lodge @ Tellico. Glad to hear you had a safe trip home.

Hey Crankshaft, it was great meeting you also! How did your trip go? We had rain all the way to Locust Grove, GA (south of Atlanta), then stayed in Tifton for the night. Got back to Lakeland around 5:00p, where it finally felt warm. :) Hopefully, if I can get off my lazy arse, I'll try posting a semi quasi RR this weekend in the New Riders thread I started some time ago.

All the best,

Rob

We got some good riding in on Sunday and Monday. The weather was perfect. To bad it couldn't have been like that for the whole weekend.