EOM 2015 - Lewisburg, WV - 25-27 September 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needless to say, I didn't make it. Long story, but I bailed due to rain. Went to go to Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp...but I got rained out too. 8 hours of rain-riding on Saturday was no fun. Next time! Hope all had a grand time. Sorry to hear about Steve.
Yep, as Allen and Joe said, there was plenty of nearly rain free riding to be had.

My bike looks like it was ridden hard and put away wet....it was...and it was fun. :D

Needless to say, I didn't make it. Long story, but I bailed due to rain. Went to go to Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp...but I got rained out too. 8 hours of rain-riding on Saturday was no fun. Next time! Hope all had a grand time. Sorry to hear about Steve.
Yep, as Allen and Joe said, there was plenty of nearly rain free riding to be had.

My bike looks like it was ridden hard and put away wet....it was...and it was fun.
biggrin.png
You need to quote up that FB post, Scott!.

Man, I just didn't realize how dangerous of a ride we had until after I read that! :)

---

And to the one's busting on us Friday's Distillery and Brewery tour peeps by rental cars.... haha, yeah!, we had a terrible time! ;) ....and, Pappa Chuy picked up the tab for us 20 or so very thirsty east coasters. Priceless!

Where is everyone?

IMG_1427_zpsdt5qhtyb.jpg
Wayne- Your inbox is apparently full and rejected any more PM's... so I'll paste it here:

Hey Wayne,

First up, I wanna Thank you for all your hard work and effort!!!!. The event went down flawlessly. So sorry to hear about Steve tho
sad.png

So, I had a couple guys ask me if I was going to make up a 50x50 sig-line icon. If it's Okay w you, I will go ahead, or, if you already have one? that's goot!

If I do one, I'll keep theme w the outline of WV state in black as per the event logo. Let me know.

Thanks again!

-KJ

Thanks, KJ - All the work and efforts of the staff show - so glad eveyone had a great time!!

For the signature block - I can send you the logo to downsize. PM with your email address ( I cleaned out my inbox!!)

Wayne

Where is everyone?

IMG_1427_zpsdt5qhtyb.jpg
Wayne- Your inbox is apparently full and rejected any more PM's... so I'll paste it here:

Hey Wayne,

First up, I wanna Thank you for all your hard work and effort!!!!. The event went down flawlessly. So sorry to hear about Steve tho
sad.png

So, I had a couple guys ask me if I was going to make up a 50x50 sig-line icon. If it's Okay w you, I will go ahead, or, if you already have one? that's goot!

If I do one, I'll keep theme w the outline of WV state in black as per the event logo. Let me know.

Thanks again!

-KJ

My bike looks like it was ridden hard and put away wet....it was...and it was fun.
biggrin.png
You need to quote up that FB post, Scott!.

Man, I just didn't realize how dangerous of a ride we had until after I read that!
smile.png

---

And to the one's busting on us Friday's Distillery and Brewery tour peeps by rental cars.... haha, yeah!, we had a terrible time!
wink.png
....and, Pappa Chuy picked up the tab for us 20 or so very thirsty east coasters. Priceless!
I find it hard to believe that the sorry assed mick picked up the tab. You know how copper wire is made. Two Irish men fighting over a penny. jsns.
sleep.png

I was with the "other" (MSTA) group, riding a '14 FJR ES. It was fun to see all the FJRs. Got acquainted with some of the FJR people. Nice group! Could have been better weather though...

Norm Kern

Dayton, OH

I was with the "other" (MSTA) group, riding a '14 FJR ES. It was fun to see all the FJRs. Got acquainted with some of the FJR people. Nice group! Could have been better weather though...
Norm Kern

Dayton, OH
How did I miss seeing you all four days!?

Norm Kern

Dayton, OH
Thank you for coming up to me and introducing yourself!! Sorry I wasn't able to speak to you more. Another time, I suppose. :)How many riders ended up coming with "the other group"?

I would like to extend a hand of gratitude for all that made EOM as flawless as it was this year. Thanks guys and gals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home safe and sun shone just after arrival. Had a great time despite the gas station incident where a SUV backed up and pinned me between the bike and the gas pump.

Norm Kern

Dayton, OH
Looked for you, Allen. I got there Thursday afternoon about 2pm. Stayed in room 102, on same side of hotel as the lobby, 2nd room from the gas station, on the ground floor.

Norm Kern

Norm Kern

Dayton, OH
Looked for you, Allen. I got there Thursday afternoon about 2pm. Stayed in room 102, on same side of hotel as the lobby, 2nd room from the gas station, on the ground floor.

Norm Kern
Well, dsmn. That was your "14 I passed each time I rode to the front overhang from my room on the back side facing Wal-Mart.

Norm Kern

Dayton, OH
Thank you for coming up to me and introducing yourself!! Sorry I wasn't able to speak to you more. Another time, I suppose. :)How many riders ended up coming with "the other group"?
There were about 85 people registered for the MSTA group. Subtract the "weather weenies" as I call them, who cancel if there is a chance of rain, and we actually had about 70.

Norm Kern

Marie and I had a great time, especially meeting all of the fine folks of the forum. Marie said to me "We've got to do this next year!". One of the most humbling events, was to hear first hand of Jordan's Initiative. It really was a very moving moment for Marie and I. I feel proud to have contributed to it, by bidding on the '13 Yamaha banner (sorry FYB). This is a most worthy cause.

Everyone we met was just the best kind of people, and I mean that with the utmost sincerity. We both look forward to next year's!

Marie and I had a great time, especially meeting all of the fine folks of the forum. Marie said to me "We've got to do this next year!". One of the most humbling events, was to hear first hand of Jordan's Initiative. It really was a very moving moment for Marie and I. I feel proud to have contributed to it, by bidding on the '13 Yamaha banner (sorry FYB). This is a most worthy cause.Everyone we met was just the best kind of people, and I mean that with the utmost sincerity. We both look forward to next year's!
Ditto this^, and it was nice to finally meet u & your beautiful wife Marie. We really enjoyed our dinner w you guys too!

I think Debbie's on the same level as Marie... "So when's the next one?"..... Lol, she secretly contracted 'the fever'. :)