EOM 2015 Picture Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cass Scenic Railroad - As mentioned in my other post, we got lucky and caught the train rolling in from its last tour of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics y'all, great to put faces with names.

Thanks for sharing EOM with us west-coasters!

--G

This photo is posted with the kind permission of clocklaw: Gerald V. posted this over at FJRiders and it absolutely must be shared with the FJR Forumites:

My first attempt......

259af7fdb9826dbf4d2b2c6ddeee79b5.jpg

Many thanks for my new screensaver Gerald, it replaced the photo of Bustanut joker showing his bare ass to the FJR Crowd at CFR in Quebec CA eh!

Now when Miss Donna gets pissed at me for fucking up, I lift the lid on my Apple MacBook and say: "But Honey, I'm not as messed up as El Toro Joe"!

I tried to tell everybody to stay away from the moonshine. I was unsuccessful. I tasted it myself. That shine was pretty good. At least I didn't do the Michael Jackson moon walk. El Toro Joe must've been a hell of a dancer back in the day. Fun Times!! :D

Here are a few pixs of the trip, it was a challenge because of the heavy clouds, rain and the need to hold on for dear life on some of the roads like Rt 220 and Rt 60 to the Gauley Bridge.

This is the last time on the trip that we see cities and bright sun.

IMG_8858a-L.jpg

Conflicted messages, I find some to be mutually exclusive.

IMG_8864a-L.jpg

IMG_8868a-L.jpg

IMG_8873a-L.jpg

IMG_8891a-L.jpg

Old timers getting great gas mileage!

IMG_8926a-L.jpg

IMG_8927a-L.jpg

Nice apple basket.

IMG_8940a-L.jpg

This area works for a living and feeds a lot of people.

IMG_8966a-L.jpg

IMG_8973a-L.jpg

There were lots of working markets along Rt 33.

IMG_8969a-L.jpg

Stilted barns.

IMG_9005a-L.jpg

Hmmmm, don't be that guy.

IMG_9032a-L.jpg

IMG_9017a-L.jpg

The horizon line in this picture is probably correct.

IMG_9015a-L.jpg

IMG_9104a-L.jpg

We saw lots of these.

IMG_9061a-L.jpg

U-turns legal.

IMG_9043-L.jpg

--Continued -->

IMG_9129-L.jpg

IMG_9135a-L.jpg

IMG_9187a-L.jpg

IMG_9241a-L.jpg

IMG_9247a-L.jpg

Nice gas prices here!
IMG_9277a-L.jpg

The bath house for Jefferson Pools in Warm Springs, VA. Warm water bubbles up into the house and leaves via a little waterfall.
IMG_9257a-L.jpg

IMG_9020-L.jpg

IMG_9286a-L.jpg

IMG_9013-L.jpg

IMG_9319a-L.jpg

At the Gauley Bridge after a very fine ride down Rt 60.
IMG_9298a-L.jpg

IMG_9296a-L.jpg

Everyone has at least one of these pictures. The clouds made it a dark day for picture taking.
IMG_3517a-XL.jpg

IMG_3515b-XL.jpg

The New River that the New River Bridge crosses, the picture doesn't show just how far down that river is (more than 800 feet).
IMG_9351a-L.jpg

IMG_9356a-L.jpg

A group of EOM riders with Tyler's yellow spider outstanding on the bridge.
IMG_9356b-L.jpg

Out of all the places we ate, this cafe in Oak Hills was notably good.
IMG_9372a-L.jpg

Ionbeam boring FJRPittsburgh and Rushes who are politely trying not to yawn.
IMG_9429-L.jpg

Burnspot and luvtoride Heidi.
IMG_9431-L.jpg

Chris the Axman's Marine shirt from his son's battalion talking with Mr Bill and Geezer.
IMG_9433a-L.jpg

Tyler and Steve having a good time.
IMG_9427-L.jpg

The asphalt junkies Paul and Gina.
IMG_9437-L.jpg

IMG_9387a-L.jpg

More truck wisdom.
IMG_9439-L.jpg

Coming back into New England.
IMG_9468a-L.jpg

Ionbeam, that was us on that original bridge at the bottom. That's were we stopped for a photo op. That's Tyler's Spyder. Holy Cow you must've had a killer zoom on that camera. :)

Ionbeam, that was us on that original bridge at the bottom. That's were we stopped for a photo op. That's Tyler's Spyder. Holy Cow you must've had a killer zoom on that camera.
smile.png
We knew it wuz you. I had one opportunity for a great picture with just Tyler alone with her spider on the bridge but managed to blur it beyond recovery :-(

Nice shots Alan. I'm surprised you had so many pictures with such a short commute from New England to EOM and back.
You have never seen how our rolling picture machine works, these were culled from hundreds of pictures :) Figure about 10 pictures per mile during a 2,000 mile trip....

We knew it wuz you. I had one opportunity for a great picture with just Tyler alone with her spider on the bridge but managed to blur it beyond recovery :-(
Probably for the best as I would've looked like a chicken with its head cut off... I had hopped off the bike to try and get a photo of the bridge and river but then the group took off and there was a car coming up behind me on the other end of the bridge... so I had to abort the photo opp, hop on the bike, and get going! ;)

And yeah, I know about the number of photos... I had a ton as well but culled it down to "just" 400 or so... :lol: Will get my ride report started next week... B)

Mr. and Mrs. Beam, great pictures. I have wanted to take a picture of that squiggly section of Rt 60 dropping down to Gauley Bridge but can never bring myself to stop and take the picture while enjoying that road. Now I have a copy of yours. Thank you.
smile.png

Wow those are some great pictures from EOM being posted here. Looks like everyone, even El Toro Joe, had a great time.

Might just somehow have to make time for next years EOM to hang out, ride and see what all the fuss is about!

Wow those are some great pictures from EOM being posted here. Looks like everyone, even El Toro Joe, had a great time.
Might just somehow have to make time for next years EOM to hang out, ride and see what all the fuss is about!
EOM ranks right up there with the CFR's, after partying with the Canucks I sold my television; after a weekend with El Toro Joe, I sold my radio!

Between the Frostback Canucks and El Toro Jose, that's really all of the entertainment I'll ever need! JSNS, Los Mensos ese y Pinche Cabrons!

Great pics Alan, I saw you there briefly but never managed to wonder over to talk. Such are the problems faced at the best FJR Rally of them all.