EOM 2015 Registration Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a fit of incredibly reasonable thinking, we have our hotel reserved and we are registered, complete with t-shirt order. 'Cause we don't have enough t-shirts.

This has gotta be the earliest I've had things arranged for EOM.

**UPDATE**

I need to add some clarification regarding the registration data.

First, the data collected is not shared or published to anyone; the event worksheets are deleted when the event is complete.

There are fields to collect address, city, state, etc - all of which are optional. The city / state address data is used to create one of those "heatmap" style location maps to show approximately where everyone is coming from.

The emergency contact information is collected in case someone goes missing, or ends up having a bad day and I need to get in touch with your spouse, girlfriend, significant other, family, etc. Thankfully, I've never had to make a call like that, but I think it's a good idea to have that info should it be needed. I highly encourage everyone to have an emergency contact listed.

The last point is regarding the "Forum Name" field. This is your screen name on either the FJRForum or FJRiders forum - your handle, nickname, etc. This field is what feeds the list that Don will be updating as a "who's going" list. If you leave this field blank, you won't be on the "who's going" list - as Don found out last night when I sent the list from the registration site. If we use the first name field, we'd have Tom, Dick, & Harry listed 10 times, so we use the forum names as a unique way to identify everyone - it's how everyone knows each other here anyways. This field is what will be used to feed the graphic we are going to use on the back of the shirts this year. If you order a shirt, you're name will be on the shirt, unless you leave the "forum name" field blank...

The other issue at hand is addressing how to list the significant others / spouses / buddies that do not have forum handles. I'm flexible, I can manually fill in the field in the registration site. I won't put anything inappropriate in there. I will due an audit this weekend and email everyone who has a blank forum name field requesting them to provide a name to fill in there.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hey you missed one!
Order #446024172 for $35.00 purchased on Aug 10, 2015
Mi Amigo Tomaso, I went ahead and added you. Donna and Don weren't on the Master List, be we must have failed to fill in our Forum Names!

"The last point is regarding the "Forum Name" field. This is your screen name on either the FJRForum or FJRiders forum - your handle, nickname, etc. This field is what feeds the list that Don will be updating as a "who's going" list. If you leave this field blank, you won't be on the "who's going" list - as Don found out last night when I sent the list from the registration site."

PS: You've no idea how much I wanted to change Billy Fitz 'yamafitter' to 'dumbafitter", but being a Polite Irishman: I refrained! JSNS, eh Hoser!

Last edited by a moderator:
Order was placed at 11:07pm EST - The report I sent Don was pulled at 8pm EST. This is a manual process - I do not have the time to send a new list every time some registers, please be patient, I intend to pull an update once a day...

wr

Hey you missed one!

In a fit of incredibly reasonable thinking, we have Sooze has our hotel reserved and we are registered, complete with t-shirt order. 'Cause we don't have enough t-shirts.
This has gotta be the earliest I've had Susie has things arranged for EOM.
Yeah right Bozo, WE ALL Know Susan did all the work! Lucky for You and Bust that you both have "minders", there's a Patron Saint for Geeks!

10491092_10152785816442817_4945314394741311978_n.jpg

Order was placed at 11:07pm EST - The report I sent Don was pulled at 8pm EST. This is a manual process - I do not have the time to send a new list every time some registers, please be patient, I intend to pull an update once a day...

wr

Hey you missed one!
You should of had me do the website with a real time list, graphs etc etc. I can have the PayPal forwarded to you as well with no percentage taken away like eventbright has/does.

'JS
smile.png

...and, you should know by now that I'm the computer nerd of this bunch!. Eventbright is for amateurs who can't do their own, and it's also very limited. But it is an easy and quick setup, so I understand.

Wayne, I am assuming that the forum name appearing on the back of the shirt is only that single person's forum name & not the names of everyone attending as in last year's name block, correct?

wr

Hey you missed one!
You should of had me do the website with a real time list, graphs etc etc. I can have the PayPal forwarded to you as well with no percentage taken away like eventbright has/does.

'JS
smile.png

...and, you should know by now that I'm the computer nerd of this bunch!. Eventbright is for amateurs who can't do their own, and it's also very limited. But it is an easy and quick setup, so I understand.
KJ...maybe you can take it over next year
ok.gif
...I don't think Wayne would mind a break.

'JS
smile.png

Soooooo...

I know you mean nothing by it KJ...but for someone putting out the effort...probably not appreciating the Monday morning quarter backing...and "I'm better than you".
biggrin.png

Just say "thank-you, and may I have another, Sir!"
biggrin.png

I wonder how they survived back in 2004?/2005? at the first one without all the website schstuff...

wr

Hey you missed one!

'JS
smile.png

ok.gif
No TY, I think Wayne does a terrific job. I already lightened his plate by taking SEO.

KJ, Bruh.... Really? Every once in a while you should says the words out loud to yourself before you type just so you can hear them first. Just Sayin'
smile.png
I think he has the best intentions of trying to offer help... just sometimes it comes out wrong.
wink.png
I totally agree.
Well most of you know it wasn't meant to be taken that way. I just heard of the problematic way of keeping the active list up to date, then all the everyday transfer to Don to update the list and so on.

Sounded like a pain and a lot more problems than need be.

That is all, read lightly here. Carry on. :)

wr

Hey you missed one!

'JS
smile.png

ok.gif
No TY, I think Wayne does a terrific job. I already lightened his plate by taking SEO.

That is all, read. Carry on.
smile.png
KJ...that was me, not TY...I hate when the wrong person get's the credit
rolleyes.gif

wr

Hey you missed one!

'JS
smile.png

ok.gif

smile.png
rolleyes.gif
My 'No TY' meaning.... "No Thank You".

Guess i was misunderstood on everything! Dang, I gotta be more clear I guess. Sry (=Sorry)
wink.png

---

So, in doing some snooping, I been hearing some good things about the Smooth Ambler Distillery. (TA reviews here) It's in town, and I did hear somebody coming by Car? hmmmmm, I'll buy first round!.... if we get that ride to and from.
smile.png

a-taste-of-our-fantastic.jpg

So to be clear. Booze tour, we need a car or taxi. Okay, not much more can be said other than who's in?

wr

Hey you missed one!

'JS
smile.png

ok.gif

smile.png
rolleyes.gif
My 'No TY' meaning.... "No Thank You".

Guess i was misunderstood on everything! Dang, I gotta be more clear I guess. Sry (=Sorry)
wink.png

---

So, in doing some snooping, I been hearing some good things about the Smooth Ambler Distillery. (TA reviews here) It's in town, and I did hear somebody coming by Car? hmmmmm, I'll buy first round!.... if we get that ride to and from.
smile.png

So to be clear. Booze tour, we need a car or taxi. Okay, not much more can be said other than who's in?
We rode to Buffalo Trace, and took the tour, at the 2011 EOM

Now getting back to registration...

Latest posts