EOM 2015 Routes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ibuow.jpg

Big talk from a from Nashville backed up by a from the north shore of Ohio.

Do they have Banjo players in the area? :)
Vic, I may be Irish but at least I am smart enough not to make fun of West Virginia until I'm safely home en el Barrio del Chandler ese! JSNS, peligro!
Not making fun, Don. Just curious. I saw that movie as a kid. It scared me for life. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like a cool route for a WV newbie... B)

New River Gorge - 289 milesA “must-do”, “crown jewel” route for anyone that’s new to the area. Heads NW from Lewisburg up Hwy-60, directly to the New River Gorge bridge. It then runs ENE, the length of Webster County’s Gauley Mountain, all the way over to Hwy-219 just north of Snow Shoe.

But the Puckered Sphincter rides look interesting too... so many roads, so little time!!

The New River Gorge site also takes in Snowshoe Resort. I created a 200 mile alternate route that takes that part out since I've been there a few times. The Puckered Sphincter south includes "Back of the Dragon" Hwy 16 which is a really good twisty road. Did that twice last year coming and going from EOM.

Who do you know from Nashville? People in Nashville aren't even from Nashville anymore.

Big talk from a from Nashville.......

Vic, you do know that that movie was filmed in NC and North Georgia right??? Now the movie "Wrong Turn" was set in West Virginia.

Not making fun, Don. Just curious. I saw that movie as a kid. It scared me for life.
smile.png

I do know where it it was filmed, Gerald. It was Rabun, GA. To this day, I get a cold chill up my spine when I hear the word "Aintry". Don't think I wanna see "Wrong Turn"! The name alone makes my nuggets retract and disappear. :D

Thanks for the route files. Downloaded them, then transferred them to the old Zumo 550 without any problems. Had to change the name of one of them back to High Ground Wanton Promenade but did that once it was loaded on the Zumo. Looks like a lot of good route choices.

Who do you know from Nashville? People in Nashville aren't even from Nashville anymore.

Vic, you do know that that movie was filmed in NC and North Georgia right??? Now the movie "Wrong Turn" was set in West Virginia.

Not making fun, Don. Just curious. I saw that movie as a kid. It scared me for life.
smile.png

I reckon you missed my point. Seems odd to me that any Tennessean would poke fun at someone else for being hillbilly...think about it...? I've been to many parts of TN and I know what I've seen. I'm not even going to mention Cleveland and Florida...Rufkm?

If fact the more I ponder, the more I think perhaps all y'all are just jealous that you can't live in Almost Heaven too. You have to be a little quicker on the ball than your average bear to make a good living here. Maybe that explains it.

smile.png
I reckon you missed my point. Seems odd to me that any Tennessean would poke fun at someone else for being hillbilly...think about it...? I've been to many parts of TN and I know what I've seen. I'm not even going to mention Cleveland and Florida...Rufkm?

If fact the more I ponder, the more I think perhaps all y'all are just jealous that you can't live in Almost Heaven too. You have to be a little quicker on the ball than your average bear to make a good living here. Maybe that explains it.
pillow-fight.gif

I find it a never-ending source of curiosity that much of the rest of the country readily puts down WV just so that they can feel better about plight in their own neighborhood. WVians are raised to know better.

And I sometimes get confused which sandbox I'm in, the tradition elsewhere has always been to call bullshit when you see it. I'll crawl back under my rock now...I like it there just fine.

Spklbuk, it's called "Humor". It's long time friends poking fun at each other. It's what we do sprinkled in between helping each other with all things in the motorcycle world. Please don't tell me that you're that thin skinned and sensitive about what some people in this country perceive as life in Appalachia. Movies like Deliverance weren't made up out of whole cloth. There's a smidgen of truth to all stereotypes. No one is saying that it's all true about all of them. That particular scene in the movie creeped my the fuck out but, that kid in the dueling banjos scene was the neatest thing I've ever seen in my life. I loved it. I have three cousins like that. Can't fault the parents I guess. Love is love, Right? So, what I'm saying is that we all have a sense of humor. Some more than others. You need to dig in deep and find yours and let it come out and play. Clocklaw, El Toro Joe and I will buy you a beer at the party and you can finally put to rest the rumor that it's still legal to marry your sister in WV. Deal? :)

I didn't miss your point, but you missed mine. It's no biggie anyway, you and I both are Appalachian Americans which makes us brothers for sure. We can both make fun of the Bamma boys together okay???

Settle down clocklaw and spklbuk, or Papa Chuy will bring Valeria y Renata from el Barrio del Chandler to settle you down ese! JSNS, mas Peligra!

hqdefault-4.jpg

West Virginia is great. That's why we plan so many rides there. Most states have their benefits and problems. In fact, there is only one state that I really don't like. I'm not going to mention the name, but that state is long and flat and very windy and grows a lot of corn.
tonguesmiley.gif

West Virginia is great. That's why we plan so many rides there. Most states have their benefits and problems. In fact, there is only one state that I really don't like. I'm not going to mention the name, but that state Territory is long and flat and very windy and grows a lot of corn.
tonguesmiley.gif
Greg, Puerto Rico? JSNS, ese!

West Virginia is great. That's why we plan so many rides there. Most states have their benefits and problems. In fact, there is only one state that I really don't like. I'm not going to mention the name, but that state Territory is long and flat and very windy and grows a lot of corn. :tonguesmiley:
Yep, that sounds about right. My beef is that there are waaaay too many Puerto Ricans in one place. Just Sayin' :D

West Virginia is great. That's why we plan so many rides there. Most states have their benefits and problems. In fact, there is only one state that I really don't like. I'm not going to mention the name, but that state Territory is long and flat and very windy and grows a lot of corn.
tonguesmiley.gif
Guessed it on the first try. You are good.
punk.gif