EOM 2016 Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we're not home....yet. Gerald, Brenda, Vic, Marie, and myself left this morning. Marie and I said our goodbyes, and headed off to northern Virginia. There was a bit of melancholy leaving as the last two. Looking at that empty parking lot, and remembering all the good times had there over the last 3 or 4 days, was a little sad for us, that it was over.

Thank you all, for an unforgettable, wonderful time!

Iris and I got home tonight (Monday) at 7:00 PM, safe and sound.

We had a great time!

Thanks Wayne for setting this up and to all volunteers for making this a memorable event!

Iris and I got home tonight (Monday) at 7:00 PM, safe and sound.

We had a great time!

Thanks Wayne for setting this up and to all volunteers for making this a memorable event!

Paul and I parted ways with Fred and Josie in Western Mass. and arrived home late this afternoon, ending our ten day road trip. We put almost 2,400 on our bikes and about ten miles on our hiking boots. It was a great vacation week topped off by a fantastic EOM weekend. Last year was fun, but this year was better (and not just because it was drier). It was good seeing everyone we met last year again, and we enjoyed meeting some new folks.

Thanks to Wayne and the organizers for taking care of all the arrangements so that we could just show up and have fun!

Back home after 250 miles of slab with Louis! Another fantastic EOM in the books...thanks to Wayne, Gerald, and the rest of the team!
Glad to hear he was able to get up and moving after the Saturday night festivities... those mason jars are DANGEROUS!! ;)

I arrived home about an hour ago after a 2-hour flight delay on my connecting flight home... flew over the Loma Prieta fire that just started this afternoon... not a good thing to come home to... y'all wore me out in a very good way and I look forward to the chance to do it again! B)

Home a bit after 6 pm on Sunday evening. To all of the folks that thought I had a very short ride home since I live in VA... if I went straight home following my GPS's direct routing, I had 326 miles to home. I didn't follow the GPS. Not sure of the mileage but you can be assured that it was more than 326.

& my thanks to all involved in pulling this off. What a great event. I had loads of fun.

Home a bit after 6 pm on Sunday evening. To all of the folks that thought I had a very short ride home since I live in VA... if I went straight home following my GPS's direct routing, I had 326 miles to home. I didn't follow the GPS. Not sure of the mileage but you can be assured that it was more than 326.
& my thanks to all involved in pulling this off. What a great event. I had loads of fun.
Heidi, I'm closer than you are. I slabbed it home, and I'm 210 miles via slab...375 via twisties.

This ~LIKE~ is for all of you! :eek:k:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heidi, I'm closer than you are. I slabbed it home, and I'm 210 miles via slab...375 via twisties.
Several folks in surrounding states are much closer than me. I'm about as far east in Virginia as you can get. I live in the land of "the twisties are off ramps"

So is that it? Everyone's home safe and sound, right?
Not yet, we're in Statesville, NC right now. Depending on the weather, we'll either hit 221a, and have lunch in Little Switzerland, or head further south tomorrow.

Home safe Wednesday after doing TOH stuff in WV, PA, OH, IN and KY. My GPS took me on a nice tour of gravel roads Sunday in WV. Not fun for me - Wheaton would have loved it.
smile.png

Home safe Wednesday after doing TOH stuff in WV, PA, OH, IN and KY. My GPS took me on a nice tour of gravel roads Sunday in WV. Not fun for me - Wheaton would have loved it.
smile.png
Only if there were steep uphills and down hills involved. No wet clay though, I will leave that expert stuff to petey.

Welcome home...just about time to turn around and slab to Hooterville!

So is that it? Everyone's home safe and sound, right?
Not yet, we're in Statesville, NC right now. Depending on the weather, we'll either hit 221a, and have lunch in Little Switzerland, or head further south tomorrow.
Not yet for me neither. Bogged down here in Pinehurst, NC waiting for the weather to break. Been getting phone alerts for two days now and there's been a decent amount of rainfall and washouts. Good news is I've seen some really cool (albeit a bit scary) lighting for the past two nights. Unless it completely stalls going to head out in the morning, maybe or maybe not with an overnight stop. Hoping the Nikwax and Camp Dry holds up.