EOM 2016 Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 'beams rolled in about 6:30 this evening. We had a great ride down, thanks for the routing Fred -- and thanks for the patience as the stock seat dented my can and demanded (too) frequent stops.

EOM was a hoot as always and we enjoyed the riding around the Va, NC and Tn area while there.

We left EOM on Sunday and meandered over to Knoxville through the Smokey Mountains and the Cherokee areas. Visited my mom, in Knoxville. While running errands for her I got caught in an awesome thunderstorm without my rain gear
uhoh.gif
But, most importantly, our seats from Seth Laam did in fact arrive at her address and were waiting for us. We were about 1,600 miles at that point on the stock seats. The box was punctured in many places and battered but the seats were in good condition. The workmanship looked good and they fit tightly on the bike. We were going to put some break-in miles on the seats coming home.

We left Knoxville and had a short day ride up to Lewisburg WV so the next day we could take a long pleasure ride up Rt 220 and Rt 33 where there are corners similar to Ca sporting roads, miles of sweepers and lots of beautiful scenery. We managed to kill the day and only get to Harrisburg Pa. We were planning to take 2-3 days wandering home but the weather didn't look hopeful so we planned to hit NY and spend the night and come home on Friday. This morning in Harrisburg there was heavy rain and wicked winds at 48° when we left. One thing led to another and 500 miles later we rolled into our garage.

The trip total was just a few miles short of 2,900. The bike ran flawless. The PR4s seem to have developed the Wailing Myrtle syndrome on corners but otherwise performed great and handled lots and lots of deep water and rain just fine. It's time for a celebratory libation and wade into 6,000 pictures
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Vic, good deal the repairs worked out.
The repairs worked wonderfully, Mike. I am now and always have been in awe of all you electrical people. I've never been able to wrap my head around the world of electrical current running through wires doing stuff. My brain doesn't work like that. I however, have been more than happy to help many, many electrical people along the way with some pretty complicated mechanical stuff that they were having problems with. I can honestly tell you that, that whole "Karma" thing is real and it comes in very handy. Thanks again to the four of you that took the time to help a brother out when y'all could've been riding. I'll never forget it. :)

Paul and I are also glad the bike got you home! And hopefully the leg is feeling better. I know I had a great time spending the day watching the Mike-Barry-Paul show!
Gina, don't be too modest. You jumped right in with the rest of them. Those small hands came in handy as hell. Lmao. I made the decision that if my thigh couldn't handle holding the bike upright by Monday, I was going to stay in that hotel until it did. When Monday came the crazy pain had died down quite a bit. I wrapped my thigh as tight as a Christmas goose with an ace bandage and it worked. I was extremely gentle on the red light stops though. :)

I know I am late to the game, but Tyler and I made it back to my house a little after 1730 Sunday. I am surprised she didn't mention that I wore her out. Except for about 60 miles on I64 I tried to hit every twisty road between Wytheville and home. 1257 miles for the weekend. Great to see everyone. Sorry it was a hard weekend on FJR's. Happy it wasn't too hard on the riders, though.

Off topic but...

Did you notice after mike started leaking the red body fluid from his finger we found an fixed the problem?
I told you it wasn't going to happen 'till somebody was bleeding.

Off topic but...

Did you notice after mike started leaking the red body fluid from his finger we found an fixed the problem?

I told you it wasn't going to happen 'till somebody was bleeding.
Yep, I noticed. Ain't that always the way it happens? :D
Too bad he didn't cut his finger earlier, then we could have broken out the adult beverages much sooner!

Glad to hear you got the seat Alan, the process was becoming as painful as your butt.

Gina you don't need to start on the brown liquid before 4pm , you will get yourself in trouble.

Glad to hear you got the seat Alan, the process was becoming as painful as your butt.Gina you don't need to start on the brown liquid before 4pm , you will get yourself in trouble.
I have no idea what this post means...but please do NOT explain!

You transplanted Chicagoans are near useless. Let me translate below:

"Glad to hear you got the seat Alan, the process was becoming as painful as your butt."

He is glad that Alan finally received his custom seat from Seth. The process of procuring the seat was more irritating than riding on the crappy stock seat.

"Gina you don't need to start on the brown liquid before 4pm , you will get yourself in trouble."

Captain Jack is admonishing young (to him) Gina not to start drinking her (favorite) bourbon before 4PM, which as we all know in the civilized world is the start for happy hour. Drinking before the proscribed time can get one onto trouble, and labelled as a floozie or an alcoholic, though I prefer to just pretend I am drinking in a different time zone and continue merrily along my way.

See, it's all on the "up and up".
wink.png

As always, I speak for myself and no other person...but thanks Fred for the translation.

I am useful for pointing out ditch locations to those behind me...I had NO idea they interpreted that as a place to take a nap or rest. I will work on my hand signals.

The emergency surgery on my bike was so involved that I actually suggested getting some ice cold beer for the crew right about the midway point and It was pretty much unanimous, (Except for Gina) :D everybody looked at me and said: Dude! If we do that, we're never going to finish this thing. I commenced to sit down and STFU! :yes:

Told Gina I was about to bleed and try out Bust's theory, took about thirty seconds.

Bite me Jesus!!

Can't say it wasn't entertaining. Had a lot of good help.

I finally did go get the scotch out of the freezer.

Told Gina I was about to bleed and try out Bust's theory, took about thirty seconds.

Bite me Jesus!!

And didn't fukin share!!
Barry, let me apologize in advance for what I'm about to share here. You and I have been friends on the Forum for what? At least 10 years? I remember the first time we interacted. I'm sure you remember it too. I thought you were an absolute Dick and I called you out on it. Well... You PM'd me and introduced yourself. You explained your sense of humor and I told you that I had a good sense of humor too. We bonded! This trip was our first meeting in person. Riding in your car to get some supplies you came across like the nicest, most mellow guy I've ever met in my life (considering your Forum and Facebook reputation). So, I see that all that Ka Ka Do Do is all an act. Your Not that guy. It was a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm sorry to "out you" but, the world had to know. And now, back to our regularly scheduled program. :D

Bite me Jesus!!

And didn't fukin share!!
Barry, let me apologize in advance for what I'm about to share here. You and I have been friends on the Forum for what? At least 10 years? I remember the first time we interacted. I'm sure you remember it too. I thought you were an absolute Dick and I called you out on it. Well... You PM'd me and introduced yourself. You explained your sense of humor and I told you that I had a good sense of humor too. We bonded! This trip was our first meeting in person. Riding in your car to get some supplies you came across like the nicest, most mellow guy I've ever met in my life (considering your Forum and Facebook reputation). So, I see that all that Ka Ka Do Do is all an act. Your Not that guy. It was a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm sorry to "out you" but, the world had to know. And now, back to our regularly scheduled program.
biggrin.png
Sneaky fuker isn't he....