EOM 2016 - Registration and Info Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always something:
A leak has caused the closure of a crucial pipeline that carries gasoline to the eastern United States, a disruption that threatens to drive up prices and leave service stations without fuel to sell.

Related

A section of the Colonial Pipeline, which runs from Houston to New York, has been closed since Sept. 9 after a spill of roughly 6,000 barrels of gasoline was discovered in rural Shelby County, Ala.

The major pipeline, one pipe of which has been severed, provides gasoline for an estimated 50 million people on the East Coast each day, according to company estimates.

The pipeline's operator has said full service will not be restored until at least next week. The closure has set off an industry-wide scramble as suppliers seek alternative ways to transport gasoline to the East Coast.

Already, ships have been dispatched to carry fuel from Texas to New York as part of the effort.

The pipeline operator said that based on its current projections, parts of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina will be the first markets to suffer potential disruptions in supply.

The governors of Alabama and Georgia have already declared states of emergency. And the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has sought to ease supply shortages by relaxing limits on the blend of gasoline that can be used across 18 counties in Georgia and Tennessee.

Patrick DeHaan, an analyst at GasBuddy.com, said that over the next week, gas prices could spike by as much as 15 cents per gallon in Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia, and by as much as 20 cents per gallon in South Carolina.

Some service stations could run out entirely, he added.

Mansfield Oil, a fuel distributor, has warned its customers to take fuel savings measures and to place their orders early. The company said the supply of gasoline is currently very thin along the closed pipeline, and that it was trucking in supplies from the coast to meet demand
FOCK!

As I recall last year a few intrepid folks called a car rental place then went bar hopping with DD's cause they didn't want to ride in the rain.....
no.gif
Yeah, and we rode all day without any rain until just a mile from the hotel. what a bunch of pussies! (I definitely say that tongue-in-cheek, because it would have been time spent with Don. Little did we know)
I do and did look back upon that great day with Don and company. It was quite entertaining, and after all, entertainment is what we all are after in some form or another. I can always ride in the rain, especially since it rains here in NY like every other day... BUT! not this summer (DRY AS HE**!)

So great day, one well spent actually and one hell of a liquor tour with O' Pappa AZ-Beemer-Don El' Ballerina
smile.png
RIP buddy!

...and I've done my fare share of riding in the rain, I know what it's about, and it's nothing to write home about. NS!

See you dwunks sooon!

Last edited by a moderator:
KJ, Who did you pay to get your photo on page 61 of a certain brand of motorcycle's magazine (not Yamaha)?

This kind of long range forecast makes me nervous. Very nervous.
[img=[URL="https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/Ride%20Pics/2016%20-%20EOM%20Wytheville/Long%20Range%20Forecast.jpg%5D"]https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/Ride%20Pics/2016%20-%20EOM%20Wytheville/Long%20Range%20Forecast.jpg][/URL]
Damn you Fred, damn you to hell!

:D

Way to go Fred, so now we can expect a friggin' hurricane! At least this time, it won't be the Flatistani's being blamed. JSNS

KJ, Who did you pay to get your photo on page 61 of a certain brand of motorcycle's magazine (not Yamaha)?
Steve, look on more pages... we (me & Debbie) are in that magazine more than once! :)

and no pay bro, it's all credit to Debra's stylish lookies, they certainly don't care about my fugly look'n arse!

I'm sure that we all have some adequate rain gear and I'm absolutely sure that this bike won't melt in the rain. Let's suit up and ride you sissies. End of statement. :grin:

I'm looking into the possibility of coming. Haven't signed up yet as I'm still working on the details. Wish I'd have thought about this earlier, as even if I can make the trip, there won't be any T-shirts for me.
not_i.gif
not_i.gif
Oh well.

Now I have to get working on all these details, like finding a pathetic looking Hawaiian shirt...

Gary

Jun222009008.jpg

Now only 76hrs till I depart!
smile.png
...how's that for a countdown, Vic ?

So, I have all the routes on my GPS. I will happily lead (as usual) a group, but wanna keep it down to around 5 bikes max. I do about 10mph over (GPS, not dream-o-meter). I do ride (so I'm told) kind of spirited/aggressive, but being that I'll be 2-up, well, that should cool my jets... and Deb rib-pokes me when I get to feisty.

Speaking of Ms.Debbie; she wants some other female company along also. I already told her we couldn't ride in Bob's group, she put on her sad face
sad.png

...not sure why she like's FYB so much?, I think she likes to rub his big belly, kinda like a good luck piece!
smile.png

Luv ya Bob!
bye.gif

Now only 76hrs till I depart! :) ...how's that for a countdown, Vic ?

Speaking of Ms.Debbie; she wants some other female company along also. I already told her we couldn't ride in Bob's group, she put on her sad face :(

...not sure why she like's FYB so much?, I think she likes to rub his big belly, kinda like a good luck piece! :)

Luv ya Bob! :bye:
Tell Deb I'll ride with y'all. At least once
I'm prolly more of a Fred W Spirited Ride girl :grin:

Now only 76hrs till I depart!
smile.png
...how's that for a countdown, Vic ?

Speaking of Ms.Debbie; she wants some other female company along also. I already told her we couldn't ride in Bob's group, she put on her sad face
sad.png

...not sure why she like's FYB so much?, I think she likes to rub his big belly, kinda like a good luck piece!
smile.png

Luv ya Bob!
bye.gif
Tell Deb I'll ride with y'all. At least onceI'm prolly more of a Fred W Spirited Ride girl
grin.gif
I'll ride with you too, KJ. That's my kind of ride.
yes.gif

I'm not sure what Marie and will do, as far as group rides. More than likely, we'll mingle around, and see what's what.

Latest posts