EOM 2016 - Registration and Info Update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what Marie and will do, as far as group rides. More than likely, we'll mingle around, and see what's what.
If we don't mesh up for a ride, let's at least hook up at the sat dinner again!

My ride group usually consists of a few regulars, Mike (Wine Guy) however is only riding down with us and can't stay or attend EOM due to work constraints :( So... I may have an opening or two!

We'll miss ya Mike!!!!!!!! and Debbie's not happy that you can't make it eitha!

Sounds good KJ. With all the planning I've been doing for this trip (EOM & Beyond), it'll be nice to play it by ear, at least for the rides.

We will talk with you, once there.

Right now, I'm like that little kid at the motorcycle races!

https://youtu.be/cE-vhp6gXBo

Speaking of Ms.Debbie; she wants some other female company along also. I already told her we couldn't ride in Bob's group, she put on her sad face
sad.png

...not sure why she like's FYB so much?, I think she likes to rub his big belly, kinda like a good luck piece!
smile.png

Luv ya Bob!
bye.gif
I NEVER said anyone in particular COULDN'T ride with me! All I said was I didn't want a herd again. If that hurt someone's feelings, well, you will get over it.

As for you and Debbie, I always enjoy having you two along! Why does Debbie love me? What's not to love?? Luv you too KJ
air_kiss.gif

I am out. I have a nasty head cold and, though I could make it, I would not be good company. See you all next year.

I am out. I have a nasty head cold and, though I could make it, I would not be good company. See you all next year.
That sucks Greg. Although I did hear once that mountain air forced into the nostrils at high speed works wonders.
rolleyes.gif

Good luck getting rid of it.

Pre Ride thoughts…

I wanted to take a few minutes and toss a couple of things out as food for thought.

1 – Ride your own ride. A great prep for any ride, group ride, or outing is the article by Nick Ienatsch titled “The Pace” – link here: https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace

And the Pace 2.0, link here: https://www.cycleworld.com/2013/09/16/become-a-better-street-rider-with-the-pace-motorcycle-safety-and-riding-skills

It boils down to this – get everyone back to the parking lot to tell about the day, and home to tell about the trip.

2 – Road manners. Sunday, I witnessed a scenario that brought back the conversation in the other thread about Bob and the pied piper group from last year. I was riding with bseelbach and we caught a group of riders on OH-555. There was four Harleys being led by a BMW R-something. They were riding a slower pace. The trail rider had no clue we were there until bseelbach passed him. 4th in line waved me around when I got to her. Lead did not see us; #2 and #3 were running nose to tail trying to keep up with the beemer. Even after a stop at an intersection, the lead rider made no effort or courtesy to allow us around his group, even though we were in the middle of it. Was he obligated to? Absolutely not. But imho, as a group leader, you’re responsible to make good decisions for the group you’re leading. If there is a single or group of faster bikes, the courteous thing would be to slow, slide to the right, and wave the riders through. There is no law that says that’s what you do, but what is there to gain by holding other riders up and splitting your group up??

3 - Group size – a large group can be a monster to manage in twisty roads. I get it – many will want to ride together. Here’s a suggestion – break down into smaller groups of 3-5 bikes and leave at 5-10 minute intervals. Everyone gets to the gas / lunch stops within a few minutes of each other yet the smaller groups out on the road are more manageable.

3a - Ride groups – if you want to find someone to ride with – hang out at registration or in the parking lot groups and find someone who is interested in the same loop. Make friends, go ride!

Ride your own ride!!

Bummer Greg, hope you feel better soon, bud.

Sorry to hear Greg, we will all miss you! :(

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm packed, gassed and fed, basically ready to roll to Bradford PA for the 1st night.... jus waiting on the Cable guy, he has to bury the cable today for our roadrunner (wi-fi).

Thank you all for your kind words. I thought I might improve today and still make it, but no dice.

I don't know how I got sick this time of year, but I was in Michigan last week, so I'm blaming it on Bust.
bleh.gif

We'll miss seeing you again too, Greg. At least we got to see you at NERDS. Paul came down with a nasty head cold in July and s sinus infection in August that started blossoming in the middle of NERDS. Hopefully your cold is short lived!

FYI, I am not going to make EOM this year due to an unexpected family commitment, but I am picking up Gnirtsnod (don) at the airport tomorrow afternoon, and he is riding bitch to pick up his new 2016 in Greensburg, PA at Hillview Motorsports. Seems the least I can do is get a Harley guy to is new FJR. Anyway, the plan is to buy the bike Wednesday, buy me a well-deserved dinner and drink, and head to EOM for the weekend. Hope yinz give Don a proper welcome.

His ship bike came in. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/169478-need-help-near-latrobe-no-breakdown-involved/

Last edited by a moderator: