EOM 2016 Wytheville; strut'n down from the northlands

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count us in as TEC's, leaving Monday as well. :thumbsup:
We'll see you there mid-afternoon on Thurs Rob!. So, you might actually also be a TEO!?

Cheers and say hi to Marie for us (me n Deb) :)
Count on KJ, looking forward to seeing you and Deb again! Hopefully, our table can take first place this time! :lol: I'll have some friends there, maybe they can join us too.
Btw, looks as though you two had a blast at the Toto concert!

From now on, you guys will be known simply as the TEC guys! "The EOM Closers"
smile.png

We can go on w this insane thinking...

TEO (openers) ????

TEF (finisher)... has to be Cigar Joe! (don't think I need to post the intoxicated Sat-nite pic again!?)
wink.png
So....since we're planning to come in on Wednesday and leave on Monday does that make Brenda and I TEOtoC??? The EOM Open to Close???

From now on, you guys will be known simply as the TEC guys! "The EOM Closers" :)

TEO (openers) ????

TEF (finisher)... has to be Cigar Joe! (don't think I need to post the intoxicated Sat-nite pic again!?) ;)
So....since we're planning to come in on Wednesday and leave on Monday does that make Brenda and I TEOtoC??? The EOM Open to Close???
Why, Yes! Clocklaw... Yes it does! :)

From now on, you guys will be known simply as the TEC guys! "The EOM Closers" :) We can go on w this insane thinking...

TEO (openers) ????

TEF (finisher)... has to be Cigar Joe! (don't think I need to post the intoxicated Sat-nite pic again!?) ;)
No, it makes you the first ones there, and the last to leave.

Any northerners like to join us?, see 1st post in this thread!... Meetup is still Kennedy St. Cafe in Bradford PA at 9am (or earlier if you like a more relaxed B-fast)) on Weds Sept 21

Our hop-over motel 9/21 is still on as Super-8 in Fairmont WV (Crackerbarrel Restaurant in easy walking distance after some beers in parking lot!)
I can't make the Kennedy St. Cafe matchup but should be able to catch up to you at the Super8 for the ride in on Thursday.

Any northerners like to join us?, see 1st post in this thread!... Meetup is still Kennedy St. Cafe in Bradford PA at 9am (or earlier if you like a more relaxed B-fast)) on Weds Sept 21

Our hop-over motel 9/21 is still on as Super-8 in Fairmont WV (Crackerbarrel Restaurant in easy walking distance after some beers in parking lot!)
I can't make the Kennedy St. Cafe matchup but should be able to catch up to you at the Super8 for the ride in on Thursday.
Booked the Super8 for the Wednesday night. Told them that there would be several rooms being booked and she gave me the $52 rate (better than I could do with AAA or corporate rate) and noted that there would be a motorcycle group staying over so the rest of you can get at least that rate.

Due to my work schedule, I won't be able to meet up with all you fine folks at the Super 8. My EOM trip is in jeopardy also. It will be a last minute decision. If I'm able to make it at all, it will be arriving Saturday evening and leaving Sunday morning for the ride home. Very disappointed.
upset.gif

Due to my work schedule, I won't be able to meet up with all you fine folks at the Super 8. My EOM trip is in jeopardy also. It will be a last minute decision. If I'm able to make it at all, it will be arriving Saturday evening and leaving Sunday morning for the ride home. Very disappointed.
upset.gif
Sorry to hear you might not make it to EOM. It must suck to have to work for a living.
moil.gif

upset.gif
Sorry to hear you might not make it to EOM. It must suck to have to work for a living.
moil.gif
Rick, I suspected you were a compassionate guy
not_i.gif

upset.gif
I hope things change, Jeff.

After your quote of this being the Super Bowl of the East Coast, it would be sad to not have your representation for the entire Super Bowl. I'd consider you our Phil Luckett, but since he screwed up the coin toss on a turkey day w YOUR Pittsburgh Steelers.... we'll give ya a pass... if you show-up for 4 quarters!

https://youtu.be/Zki61ZmKf4U

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, despite what KJ said, 4 quarters is a dollar. I'll bet that dollar on hockey being a real sport, and the Stanley Cup being the hardest trophy to win in sport.... and who's got that right now? Yer Pittsburgh Penguins. You tell him.

From now on, you guys will be known simply as the TEC guys! "The EOM Closers"
smile.png

TEO (openers) ????

TEF (finisher)... has to be Cigar Joe! (don't think I need to post the intoxicated Sat-nite pic again!?)
wink.png
Gerald, if you da' TEO and the TEC? ....makes you the
Lkingsmiley.png

punk.gif

or...

you could be the EOM roadie?!?!? lol, I think Jackson Browne sang a song about roadies "being the first to come and the last to leave!"
wow.gif

Getting older!... or wiser?

...Just booked a pre-pre room for Tuesday nite in Bradford @ the Econolodge

It was only $50 and my thinking is that I'll be fresh for the Weds. ride down to Fairmont WV. So I'll trek over to Bradford after work on Tues nite, it's about 3hrs, and hopefully arriving just prior to nightfall. So (un)officially.... maybe I'm the TEO!? lol

202550.jpg

Tues 9/20 Econolodge, Bradford PA (early-bird beer tasting nite!)

Weds 9/21 <Meetup> Kennedy St Cafe Bradford PA: 9AM (or before hopefully!)

Weds 9/21 Super-8, Fairmont WV

Thurs-Sat 9/22-9/24 Ramada, Wytheville VA

Sun 9/25 Departure

Note to selfie: maybe if I can keep making excuses to leave early, I can make this an entire week! ;)

I guess you will be the first one at the Kennedy Street Cafe. Make sure they have plenty of good coffee brewing. I will need it. I have a feeling if I opted to meet you Tuesday night at the Econolodge, I might not be so fresh for the next days ride.
drinks.gif

Mona and I will see you fine people in Fairmont sometime Wed. afternoon/evening.

I was just looking over your plan for the ride down to Wytheville from there. I'll be carrying my Tour of Honor flag along and plan to hit a few memorials along the way. There is one in Phillipi, WV so that's right on your planned route. We may split off and rejoin you later in order to hit another one in WV since we're that close.

I am a maybe on this ride. Need to be careful at home when I bring it up since it will be the second bike outing of the season. To increase my chances I won't be able to do the Wednesday part of the ride, I'll have to slab it on Thur to WV. Even if I get a yes my boys sports schedules could trump all of this. I did book my room at the Ramada since their cancellation policy is 24 hours in advance. My fingers are crossed.
Sadly I have to report I can't make it. The boys have football games and don't want to miss watching them play. I'll keep an eye on this for next year and hope the timing works out. Hope I don't have to wait six years until my nest is empty before I can get to this event.

I am a maybe on this ride. Need to be careful at home when I bring it up since it will be the second bike outing of the season. To increase my chances I won't be able to do the Wednesday part of the ride, I'll have to slab it on Thur to WV. Even if I get a yes my boys sports schedules could trump all of this. I did book my room at the Ramada since their cancellation policy is 24 hours in advance. My fingers are crossed.
Sadly I have to report I can't make it. The boys have football games and don't want to miss watching them play. I'll keep an eye on this for next year and hope the timing works out. Hope I don't have to wait six years until my nest is empty before I can get to this event.
Too bad you can't make it, but this meet will happen again. Your kids only grow up once. Enjoy your time with them.

I guess you will be the first one at the Kennedy Street Cafe. Make sure they have plenty of good coffee brewing. I will need it. I have a feeling if I opted to meet you Tuesday night at the Econolodge, I might not be so fresh for the next days ride.
drinks.gif
I clearly remember how much "fun" you had on Sat nite at NERDS w the beer tastings lol! Probably a good idea to just meet us Weds AM. And, I'll tell 'em to put the fresh coffee on fer yas!
smile.png
...great Mom & POp who run the hole, you'll be friends w them before ya leave!

Mona and I will see you fine people in Fairmont sometime Wed. afternoon/evening.
I was just looking over your plan for the ride down to Wytheville from there. I'll be carrying my Tour of Honor flag along and plan to hit a few memorials along the way. There is one in Phillipi, WV so that's right on your planned route. We may split off and rejoin you later in order to hit another one in WV since we're that close.
No problem splitting off, just give me heads up about where, so as to not be waiting for you guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**ROUTE UPDATE**

It's still basically the same route down (sorta), BUT!... I got some PM's on some good possible lunch stops (within our route down). I co-responded that my friends are quite frugal as well, so this is our choice.........

Hometown Restaurant (Yelp reviews)
100% home cooked food, even right down to the croutons!. Friendly homey service. Hot all-you-can-eat buffet also. Salad bar made fresh daily. Fresh Granny''s yeast rolls every day. Brown beans and cornbread always available

Granny (Owner/Cook)

a59615343e6a5d8bbf5897fa2ff87764a0f6a1b5_500.jpg

I expect about a 1pm ETA for this lunch stop (if we can leave around 8am?) which includes a pee stop or 2.. So plan on exactly 218.5 miles from our Fairmont WV (departure motel), it's in a town called Peterstown WV. and basically right en-route (now) at the intersection of Rte 12 and Rte 219. (We will be coming down 12, intersecting/taking 219 for only about 1.5mi to Rte 460 south).

Got it all taken care of fellers, and any locals? {please} PM me recommendations!... as always!) ....cuz our group likes to EAT!.... and drink of course when we're done riding fer da-day!
smile.png

-KJ

Sorry Dean (Dee-ang!) lol, but yeah, do the family stuff, they grow up so fast as it is!

My son is now 20!... so the growing-up kid years were very lax in motorcycling for me as well. The boating however sufficed quite well as we could bring Kris out w us, swimming etc. But, not nearly the same w biking.

So don't fret bro, it will come w time.... and, we'll tip a few to ya, and hopefully see you and the boys (by cage) down for my burger challenge RTE Sunday Oct 16th.... your boys will love it!... and we have some challengers!
smile.png