EOM 2017 Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Is it ever too early to start talking about EOM? I've had numerous PM's, emails, etc. on it all ready.

Food for thought - what is the appetite for a "rise and repeat" vs "Find somewhere else"?

Rise and repeat is Wytheville v2.0 - plenty of riding there to sustain a back to back venue. If the "Find somewhere else" is more popular, then bring viable suggestions to the table - minimum requirements would be a location with 80-100 rooms at a REASONABLE price, Banquet room seating for 120, good roads within close range, restaurant / bar / lounge on site or nearby (walking distance), and fuel nearby.

Also - dates. The AIMExpo will be held in Columbus, Ohio on September 21-24, 2017. EOM should shift to either the weekend before or the weekend after. Pros and Cons of both options - bumping into CFO if it moves a week earlier and then bumping into leaf peeper traffic if it bumps a week later.Is it ever too early to start talking about EOM?

UPDATE - The general agreement seems to be return to Wytheville. I will reach out to the hotel this week. Dates are the focus now.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it's Not! I'd LOVE to hit Wytheville again. This time I'll actually get to ride!!! Between my spider bite and the ripped hamstring on my left thigh when my loaded to the gills bike decided to take a nap, it was like being in a brothal with $1,000 in my pocket While having a stainless steel chastity belt on and I wasn't in the custody of the key. It Sucked!!! :laugh:

Other events don't matter to me. If I ride across the U.S. it's not going to be to an Exhibit Event. EOM tops the list after SWFOG.
Blufjr, if this is going to be your first EOM, you are going to love it. Find me in the crowd. I'll buy you a beer. :yes:

I should be voting for Wytheville for 2018 as I'm not likely to make EOM next year. A friend and I have an Explore the Alps ride planned for mid-September 2017 and I doubt that my understanding wife will like the idea of me getting home from 2 weeks in Europe and then take off for Virginia, no matter how good that sounds to me. If it happens that I miss the next EOM in Wytheville, it just means a trip to explore the roads I didn't have a chance to check out without the comradery of EOM. I still vote for 2018.

I'm more than happy to return to Wytheville. Great roads in easy reach of the venue. Great scenery. As for moving the dates while I understand the problems it can create for some folks moving the dates might simply move the problems to someone else's calendar.

Edit: Moving to a later week would likely prevent Mona and I from attending as the Void Rally would run the very next weekend leaving us little to no time for planning and any maintenance our bikes may require.

Moving it a week later counts me out. We do physical count inventories on the first of each month. I'll vote keep it the same, but the week prior would be ok too.

Was my first EOM, but I thought the location had everything you could ask for. Great roads/scenery. Cheap, clean rooms. Bar/food on site. TONS of parking and plenty of areas for parking lot/poolside cocktails. Plus that hotel seemed to let us take over without any concern. Location was also very close to other food/gas/liquor/grocery places.

Never too early to get the talk going. Thanks again!

Don.

Edit: Inventory would be on Monday if moved a week back. So I'm open to all three dates. Preference to keep it the same but more open now.

If it's the weekend of the 15th, that's good for me. I'll have the boy the weekend of the Columbus show. Hmm...roadtrip with the boy it is then!

Other events don't matter to me. If I ride across the U.S. it's not going to be to an Exhibit Event. EOM tops the list after SWFOG.
It is just a one day ride for me to Wytheville, but I agree with blufjr that the AIM Expo, or other bike show, is less important to me.

However, if our esteemed organizer really wants to attend AIM then we should accommodate him and hold the EOM on another weekend.

Talked dates over with Mona after work last night. If it must be moved, moving it up a week would work better for our schedules.

My $.02