EOM 2017 Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for asking and for stepping up to organize again, Wayne!

I think from a weather stand point, later is not a good option. If it can't stay on the third weekend, then I would vote for earlier.

We are all for a return to Wytheville.

Now we just need the vacation request stars to align once a date is set.

Another vote for earlier is better. And, an agreement that it's the weather, later means that traveling two-up we have to leave New England wearing arctic gear and then need warm and wet gear for the Wytheville area.

Another vote for earlier is better. And, an agreement that it's the weather, later means that traveling two-up we have to leave New England wearing arctic gear and then need warm and wet gear for the Wytheville area.
All you northerners are starting to make sense to me now. I preferred the week later for it so it'll be a little cooler for me. I had no idea how cold it would be for your trip home. I'm all in for the week before. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW... what is an AIM Expo & why do people feel it's necessary to change EOM weekend because of it. It's apparently not on my radar... so I guess I could give a good shit when it happens.

Just did some Google-foo. It looks like AIM is the American International Motorcycle Show. Like I said... I don't give a good shit. Went to DC's show a couple of times. It didn't totally suck but my interest is fairly minimal. You guys do whatever you want.

I don't care about the AIM expo either- but that weekend is out for me anyway- so I voted for the weekend of the 15th. The weekend of the 8th would be even better, but that was not an option . . . . . .

Not nagging, but is there any word yet on dates? The other half has a 12/12 deadline to get his 2017 vacation bid sheet in and we'd like to stake a claim on the appropriate dates if they're available in time. If not, we'll just go with an educated guess and hope for the best!

Earlier is better for me but the 3rd weekend would work, assuming I survive riding the Pig to Inuvik in July

Not nagging, but is there any word yet on dates? The other half has a 12/12 deadline to get his 2017 vacation bid sheet in and we'd like to stake a claim on the appropriate dates if they're available in time. If not, we'll just go with an educated guess and hope for the best!
Gina, As of right now, I'd put my money on the week before. You might wanna give Wayne a poke just to better the odds. :yes:

For those who need to submit vacation time early, lets go with this:

EOM 2017 - Wytheville, VA - Ramada - September 28th to October 1st 2017

Group reservation will be set up under "Yamaha Motorcycle group"

Bingo - Google is awesome, isn't it?

Some will care, some will not, it's like that with anything - there is not once single answer in this that will please everyone...

Just did some Google-foo. It looks like AIM is the American International Motorcycle Show. Like I said... I don't give a good shit. Went to DC's show a couple of times. It didn't totally suck but my interest is fairly minimal. You guys do whatever you want.

I'm from Wytheville!

...and that's all I got to say about that.

smile.png

Latest posts