EOM 2017 - Home Safe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D2 and I made it to Dundee MI, after leaving out of VA; 456 miles. 259 home today and got in around 3:30.

We had 1950 miles for the trip (6 days), which was a great time. Thanks to all who made us feel welcome, and glad to meet a bunch of y'all.

Home safely to Maine yesterday afternoon, after overnight in NJ at ChrisNYFD house. 2300 miles round trip.

Great time, thanks to all who helped make it all happen - I know it is not easy.

Home again, home again, jiggity jig... 3920 km (2435 mi)

Thank you to my most affable riding buddy who accompanied me from Wytheville, VA, to Portland, ME, (916 miles) for ... indulging my need to stop every hour (or so), roll-starting Mini-Me when my Gerbing jacket liner sucked her just about dry, for listening to me whine about my spastic neck the morning after the wild ride up that bastage highway 81, and for the dating feedback
1f609.png

To Petey - a well-loved, much admired, and expert rider in our FJR community who rode his last twisties on Friday. I'm grateful for the big hugs we exchanged on Thursday and for the even bigger smiles. And to me - for making it home because it wasn't my time to die.

RIP, Petey. I want to be just like you when I grow up

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed this. I'm home several hours after I left. Had fun except for the dark part. Thanks to everyone involved in planning.

Thank you to my most affable riding buddy who accompanied me from Wytheville, VA, to Portland, ME, (916 miles) for ... indulging my need to stop every hour (or so), roll-starting Mini-Me when my Gerbing jacket liner sucked her just about dry, for listening to me whine about my spastic neck the morning after the wild ride up that bastage highway 81, and for the dating feedback
1f609.png

To Petey - a well-loved, much admired, and expert rider in our FJR community who rode his last twisties on Friday. I'm grateful for the big hugs we exchanged on Thursday and for the even bigger smiles. And to me - for making it home because it wasn't my time to die.

My pleasure having a riding partner north to combat the boredom. Quite funny several times having singles or multiples of H-D's screaming by in the fast lane at least doing 85 while we were more at...the speed limit..........all good, though!!! Good time.

1f609.png

My pleasure having a riding partner north to combat the boredom. Quite funny several times having singles or multiples of H-D's screaming by in the fast lane at least doing 85 while we were more at...the speed limit..........all good, though!!! Good time.
Hey! Mini-Me is a great little pony but she ain't the workhorse the FJR is.

Besides, it's not as though we were in 50 mph zones
punk.gif

ps - it's a shame I couldn't put the money we saved in performance awards toward that Portland hotel you recommended
thumbsup.gif

Mona and I finally home after our travels. 3029.6 showing on the odo since Wednesday Sept. 27th. Barber Museum was awesome and 2 nights in Nashville a blast!

Thanks again to all the volunteers!

1f609.png

punk.gif

ps - it's a shame I couldn't put the money we saved in performance awards toward that Portland hotel you recommended
thumbsup.gif

I may have passed you and Sullivan on rt 84 in NY

Thank you to my most affable riding buddy who accompanied me from Wytheville, VA, to Portland, ME, (916 miles) for ... indulging my need to stop every hour (or so), roll-starting Mini-Me when my Gerbing jacket liner sucked her just about dry, for listening to me whine about my spastic neck the morning after the wild ride up that bastage highway 81, and for the dating feedback [img=[URL="https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/f57/1/16/1f609.png%5D"]https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v9/f57/1/16/1f609.png][/URL]

Indeed, you did ;)

Besides, it's not as though we were in 50 mph zones :punk:

ps - it's a shame I couldn't put the money we saved in performance awards toward that Portland hotel you recommended :thumbsup:

1f609.png

punk.gif

thumbsup.gif

If you were wearing hi-vis and possibly did NOT wave, that was you! We were the slow lane riders. Hopefully see you soon, weather permitting, for Plymouth. Dan

1f609.png

punk.gif

thumbsup.gif

If you were wearing hi-vis and possibly did NOT wave, that was you! We were the slow lane riders. Hopefully see you soon, weather permitting, for Plymouth. Dan
ALWAYS wear hi-vis and ALWAYS wave...

1f609.png

punk.gif

thumbsup.gif

ALWAYS wear hi-vis and ALWAYS wave...
I didn't notice the wave, I just know you were covering ground perfectly. Asleep/zen at 67 m.p.h. Possibly see you at Plymouth Rock ride.