EOM 2018 - Home Safe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made it halfway, staying with SkipZiip in Palmyra NO tonight. Great run through The Smokey Mountain Natl Park this morning, Elk, Turkeys, Coyote, Squirels but not one car to hold me up between Cherokee and Gatlinburg! A freshly paved road too. Got real wet about 100 miles East of Nashville so I numbed into I-40 to penetrate the front. It stayed wet as far as Paducah :( ! Decided to slab it to Skips. Tomorrow night in Sioux Falls SD, home Tuesday.

Slabbed home got in 4:54 Goochland Va Rode with Ken (Chivvalry) Fri Roan mountain absolute pleasure.Thanks Ken. Saturday went to a friends house and fixed broken left bag from Deer incident on the way in. Had an awesome time thanks to every one . and you to Wayne!

A little fog, a fair amount of rain, then beautiful skies from Indiana onward. Home by 6pm, well before the sun went down. Had a great time at my first, and not last, EOM. Always great to put faces with forum handles, and find out most of you aren't really assholes. I hope I made the same impression. Thanks so much to Wayne and everyone who contributed to stage a great rally.

Made it safely to WV to visit with Jim & Creta... set the GPS to curvy roads mode and it didn't disappoint... only got wet the last hour or so and found out my rain gear isn't so waterproof... has worked flawlessly previously so not sure what happened to it... having a quiet day today to dry out gear, do some laundry, and the boys are in the shop working on one of Jim's bikes... then will start heading for Alabama tomorrow. ;)

Rode all of 45 minutes west of Maggie Valley to the town of Cherokee, where I holler up for the night at the KOA. I was in no shape to be on the road yesterday.

Got up at 6, broke camp and left at 8. Somewhere along the way I just decided to just head home. Currently in Decatur Alabama, heading for Memphis. Im bagged up and will most likely be rolling all night. Well shall see.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1b2f65b9c2b6b4ab29&p=%2B442%25%2474%2Cv6%249739&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

Brodie

😳

Last edited by a moderator:
Dianne and I pulled into the driveway about 3 hours ago after adding about 1800+ to the odometer since leaving Wednesday after work. Gathered up 8 more Tour of Honor memorials and 11 more pressed pennies. Too many smiles and laughs to count. Thanks to all who helped out, who pitched in, and who just made EOM what it is.

800 miles later Im home, showered, and laying in bed. My back and butt hurt... . My back tire is toast. Great event and thanks again to all!
Never mind the tire, I like that garage floor.

Dave
I didn't do it... I hired that out over three years ago. I've done it myself in the past but never got as good a result as this. They ground the garage floor down smooth and epoxied the hell out of it. It stunk for two days. It's been holding up SOLID since then. Wasn't cheap though... $600 for each bay.

The lesson here is very clear. If you're leaving the state, put on new tires...

800 miles later Im home, showered, and laying in bed. My back and butt hurt... . My back tire is toast. Great event and thanks again to all!
Never mind the tire, I like that garage floor.

Dave
I didn't do it... I hired that out over three years ago. I've done it myself in the past but never got as good a result as this. They ground the garage floor down smooth and epoxied the hell out of it. It stunk for two days. It's been holding up SOLID since then. Wasn't cheap though... $600 for each bay.

Time for a wee bit of a nap...

Set the alarm for half an hour, then back on the road again.

Brodie
I see that the dots are a lot close together on the way home Brodie - what happened - riding into a headwind? :) Will you get the prize for the longest commute to EOM?

The Albatross landed just past 10pm last night (Saturday), after a couple of days visiting my sister and step-mother in Southern California. So concludes my 2 week vacation.

15 days, 13 States , 7082 miles, 184 gallons of gas, and lots of good memories. Thank you Wayne, and all the others involved in putting on this EOM event. All in all, it was a great excuse to go riding.

Brodie

😁