EOM 2019 Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well posted: Check out the Country Inn at Berkeley Springs, Berkeley Springs, WV. Great small town and great riding nearby!
El Toro Joe alluded to it, but the decision's been made: click here A nice day's ride from Rockville; do some of the ride on I-81, and some of it on US 221 from Sparta to Marion.

We really enjoy meeting the new riders!

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the Country Inn at Berkeley Springs, Berkeley Springs, WV. Great small town and great riding nearby!
Trailered a new bike from Romney, WV, east on 50, north on 29 and then 9 and ended up in Berkeley Springs. Hit some nice roads and scenery on the way.

WV has some nice as hell roads, for sure.

I'm not able to read though the whole thread right now. Would someone be kind enough to point me to a post that states what the plan is for EOM this year? I don't see it at the beginning or end, so I'm guessing it's buried in the 80+ posts somewhere.

I'm not able to read though the whole thread right now. Would someone be kind enough to point me to a post that states what the plan is for EOM this year? I don't see it at the beginning or end, so I'm guessing it's buried in the 80+ posts somewhere.
Sheesh, No body likes the kid that gets straight As and doesn't do his own home work. Post # 63

Quick Update.

There have been some suggestions that warrant further investigation (that fall into the "further north" category. These events take some effort to put together - those who have done will agree - it's more than the help at the event (folks always step up and pitch in when it's needed at the event).

I do not have the bandwidth to research the details for those alternate suggested locations, get a vote tallied and finalize things in a reasonable amount of time right now.

The term used in another conversation was "press the 'Easy' button". So I am.

EOM 2019 - Maggie Valley, NC - September 19-22, 2019.

It just makes sense at this point. The riding is there. The staff and facility check every box and are under one roof. There are options for inclement weather and the riding is awesome (IMHO).

I will say that for 2020, we need to look hard at the suggestions made in these conversations so that by December 2019, we have a venue for 2020 locked down. I'll get the list consoldated and then ask for those who are local to them do some recon for us.

Only 3 months of winter left...

Wayne

specool.gif
I don't think I've even gotten on the forum since I posted I couldn't make it to EOM 2018 until last night. Life's been crazy.
uhoh.gif

I assume this is still on? No new posts since March. I am looking to attend from FL now and have a friend on FJR down here also looking to attend. Is there a hotel block?

I assume this is still on? No new posts since March. I am looking to attend from FL now and have a friend on FJR down here also looking to attend. Is there a hotel block?
EOM is ALWAYS on. See this post.

Since the Marine hasn't posted hotel details yet, I assume he hasn't finalized arrangements with the Maggie Valley Inn. The party isn't until September. Check back here regularly -- weekly? -- to see details when they're settled.

Since we're coming into the warmer months, I thought this would be a good time to put out a reminder.

In honor and memory of Don Stanley, AKA beemerdons, bring a Hawaiian shirt for the banquet on Saturday night. If you do not own a Hawaiian shirt, now is the time to start looking.

Hell - the Maggie Valley Inn does have a tiki bar, so what the hell's your excuse?

Last edited by a moderator: