EOM 2019 Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe everything is still on the table at this point Art. Nothing specific yet. Depends on the votes maybe. It's looking like PA is out though.Not to many votes in this sandbox at least.

We will see,

Dave

Did I miss something? Is Lewisburg out for some reason?
Lewisburg has been frequented for several years, '07 & '08 then there was a more recent meet there. was it '17? Lewisburg was a good location. My favorite, actually. I really liked it there. Good roads all around & the other amenities that we search for are readily available. MV was good, too. I doubt there will be interest in going back to Lewisburg, though because it has been visited so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a good looking hotel in Oak Hill WV... Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center. It has onsite lounge, restaurant, conference facilities that would definitely accommodate us. & location likely has gas nearby. It's just a little north of Beckley & south of Fayeteville, WV on 19. Looks like pretty good interstate access, too.

I plan to spend some time to pull all the suggestions posted in this thread and on the other site together into one consolidated list.

The trend in comments and voting is to return to Maggie Valley or find something a little further north. Clear a mud, right?

I'd like to get a venue locked down before the holidays so we can focus on other winter topics - like shoveling snow...

Did I miss something? Is Lewisburg out for some reason?
Lewisburg has been frequented for several years, '07 & '08 then there was a more recent meet there. was it '17? Lewisburg was a good location. My favorite, actually. I really liked it there. Good roads all around & the other amenities that we search for are readily available. MV was good, too. I doubt there will be interest in going back to Lewisburg, though because it has been visited so much.
punk.gif

Tennessee should also be looked at. Maybe around Kingsport-ish. That's within the "sweet spot" vicinity.

I don't have any input as I'll be working (again) after retirement. But come 2020 watch out boyz and gurlz... :whistle:

Further north.
Really, if you want to be taken seriously, do some research & make some suggestions. I'm no expert in this but pretty sure THAT isn't going to make a final list.

For Pants on Fire, my omission of a suggestion of a more "northern" local is because we did voting last year as well. PA, listed, had scenic venues. Go check it out. So, keeping it simple, and not wordy/cumbersome, I gently pushed, "more north" as a feeler. Totally fine answer and I stand by it. Someone suggest central FL? Hey, I'm up for a ride.

I regret not following the voting instructions thoroughly. So your reply "do some research & make some suggestions" is worthy, as I also get peeved reading replies on any topic, that could easily be answered at F.A.Q.

PENNSYLVANIA. I'll let Bob and Stew chime in on the roads.

For Pants on Fire, my omission of a suggestion of a more "northern" local is because we did voting last year as well. PA, listed, had scenic venues. Go check it out. So, keeping it simple, and not wordy/cumbersome, I gently pushed, "more north" as a feeler. Totally fine answer and I stand by it. Someone suggest central FL? Hey, I'm up for a ride. I regret not following the voting instructions thoroughly. So your reply "do some research & make some suggestions" is worthy, as I also get peeved reading replies on any topic, that could easily be answered at F.A.Q.

PENNSYLVANIA. I'll let Bob and Stew chime in on the roads.
As long as you're pleased & feel your response was clear, it's all good with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd vote Wellsboro but it's not going to make the cut. It's close to home for me and that's no fun road most of the good ones in that area.

WV. and VA. have great roads.

crickets........ overwhelming crickets. I guess you're being voted in & nobody else is planning to take this meet wherever they'd like, Wayne. Is there also crickets on the other board? I'm going to go & look.

Altoona PA is a location with lots of ridges, railroad history, scenery and of course roads to suit all tastes. I haven’t been through recently. There seem to be a number of hotels on the map. The price is not mainstream $55 to $99.

There is similar topology to the Williamsport area. Altoona is a gap in the main north south ridge that runs from Williamsport down almost to Knoxville. A west northwest wind allows sailplanes to soar the ridges and cover some good distances, 120 knots just above the trees is on a par with riding an FJR on some of these roads, both have the possibility of winding up in a field! One landing the other ............

All of the scenery where ever the event is held is epic. In September the northern location may be slightly cooler than the Maggie Valley location.