EOM 2020 Location Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Discussion has begun - Where to take EOM in 2020.

I wanted to get this discussion going early so that some recon can be conducted this year. In the 2019 location discussion, there was want or need to go further north for 2020. There were some good suggestions tossed into the conversation. Let's use this thread to gather those details and get a jump on 2020.I'll update post one with locations.As always, please remember the fundamentals that the EOM event has been built around:(1) - Reasonable access to technical and scenic riding / roads that will support at least 3-4 different loops of 150-250 miles. (2) - Hotel with 60 to 100 rooms (or collocated hotel property that can handle overflow)

(3) - Banquet space to seat 80 to 100 for a banquet style dinner. (4) - Read #1 again.

Options being flushed out include:

• Return to Maggie Valley
  • Boone, NC (with off site banquet facility)
  • Johnson City, TN
  • Need to add one more viable option - WV or KY potentially.
Winter is coming...

Wayne

Haven't been to Boone since my first EOM-06?

Lewisburg has always been my favorite- on site restaurants-fuel-snacks-banquet-etc

Newbie here and have never been to an EOM.  Sounds like fun.  I'm from Garrett county MD.  As far west as you can get in Maryland.  Awesome motorcycle roads here and WV is close by with even more great stuff.  Has this area ever been considered for a meet up?  Here is a link to the local resort/lodge.  https://www.wispresort.com/Lodging-Partners/

Lewisburg WV, down 219,  has been used a couple and is one of my favorite locations.

Newbie here and have never been to an EOM.  Sounds like fun.  I'm from Garrett county MD.  As far west as you can get in Maryland.  Awesome motorcycle roads here and WV is close by with even more great stuff.  Has this area ever been considered for a meet up?  Here is a link to the local resort/lodge.  https://www.wispresort.com/Lodging-Partners/
This area has some excellent riding. Close to WV and PA. Lots of choices around Deep Creek for lodging.

EOM Update – COVID19 - Event Update – August 5th, 2020.

Due to the COVID19 pandemic’s current state, it is time to make some adjustments to EOM 2020.  The hotel room block is still arranged and in place for those who wish to and are able to attend.  At this point, there is no way to predict where individual states will be in regards to the spread or containment of the pandemic.  Holding the annual EOM banquet would not be in alignment with the current social distancing guidelines and likely not by allowed by local or state policy. 

The event format for 2020 will mimic what the “Ramble” has been in Southeast Ohio for many years – a show up and ride event.  There will be no EOM event registration or banquet meal this year.

For those who decide to visit the Holiday Inn Express in Boone on the weekend of September 19th, you may run into a few other FJR enthusiasts...

LeeDavis created a logo for the event and I've set up a shirt order with our normal vendor in TN - they are a locally owned, small business and are very appreciative for any business they get from the group.  You can find the shirts (Here), in my Attacktheroad.com e-commerce site.

Be safe, healthy and pass the Lysol!

Wayne