EOM 2021 Event Thread - Sept 16-19, 2021 - Flatwoods, WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost ready.

Tires replace ---- Done

Inspect brakes ---- Done

Clean calipers ---- Done

Oil change ---- Done

Check and grease rear hub --- Done

Neck bearing check and torque --- Done

And anything else I cant remember right now.

I'm going on a side trip to FLA. to see Dad then WV.

UPDATE - ROUTE FILE UPDATED.

If you downloaded the route file, please download this new version - the "New River Gorge" route has been updated.  Do not use the original version.

Updated file available here.

Wayne

Can anyone else get the files to download?  My phone does not seem to do zip. Is there a web site with links for each one like in the past?

I have to bail out.  I just moved and there wasn't room on the moving van for everything.  My wife wouldn't let me leave unimportant things like furniture behind, so my motorcycle is still in Illinois until I can retrieve it.  I hope everyone has a great time.

I'll be leaving Little Rock Wednesday AM.  I think I'll just take interstate to Lexington -- about 600 miles.  They I'll have time for a more fun route Thursday :)

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks.

I am very late for registration, I was just able to get it off of work. I am local and don't need the hotel, but would like to attend. I sent a PM Saturday and haven't heard back (My profile might be too new to send PM's).

So if you can accommodate a lame late comer I would appreciate that. Thanks for your consideration.  

Update – 9/13/21 – Hotel Update & FYI.

This afternoon, the hotel called me with some updates on their amenities / services.  Due to staffing shortages, the on-site restaurant will not be open.  This does not impact the banquet meal Saturday evening, but will impact Thursday and Friday evening’s options for dinner.  They are able to open the lounge / bar and intent to have appetizers available.  The manager was concerned that if she attempted to have the restaurant open and be shorted staffed that they would not be able to keep up with the volume our group would bring.  Unfortunately, the onsite restaurant and lounge were a key factor in the location because there is very limited alternatives in the area.  I asked if there were local restaurants that would delivery – pizza, etc. – she said no.  

There are options within a short ride of the hotel for food, both on the same side of I-77 and across in the Walmart Plaza – this google maps link.  There is a china buffet, moe’s southwest grill, Shoney’s, El Gallo Mexican, little caesars, Lloyd’s family restaurant, etc.

There is no hotel shuttle, and Uber is not likely to be in service in the area according to the hotel.

I apologize in advance for the inconvenience this will bring – I was looking forward to the ease of just walking down to the restaurant on site for dinner each day.  The manager did tell me that they will have the patio’s open; they have a fire pit and outdoor seating that will be made available to the group for our stay.  She also asked me to remind the group about their drink policy – no outside beverages are allowed in the public areas of the hotel (lobby, conference rooms).

Wayne

I am very late for registration, I was just able to get it off of work. I am local and don't need the hotel, but would like to attend. I sent a PM Saturday and haven't heard back (My profile might be too new to send PM's).

So if you can accommodate a lame late comer I would appreciate that. Thanks for your consideration.  
PM responded to.  Registration for the banquet meal is still open at www.fjreom.com if you want to join for dinner Saturday evening.  If not, that's cool as well - just stop in and mingle!

Update – 9/13/21 – Hotel Update & FYI.

This afternoon, the hotel called me with some updates on their amenities / services.  Due to staffing shortages, the on-site restaurant will not be open.  This does not impact the banquet meal Saturday evening, but will impact Thursday and Friday evening’s options for dinner.  They are able to open the lounge / bar and intent to have appetizers available.  The manager was concerned that if she attempted to have the restaurant open and be shorted staffed that they would not be able to keep up with the volume our group would bring.  Unfortunately, the onsite restaurant and lounge were a key factor in the location because there is very limited alternatives in the area.  I asked if there were local restaurants that would delivery – pizza, etc. – she said no.  

There are options within a short ride of the hotel for food, both on the same side of I-77 and across in the Walmart Plaza – this google maps link.  There is a china buffet, moe’s southwest grill, Shoney’s, El Gallo Mexican, little caesars, Lloyd’s family restaurant, etc.

There is no hotel shuttle, and Uber is not likely to be in service in the area according to the hotel.

I apologize in advance for the inconvenience this will bring – I was looking forward to the ease of just walking down to the restaurant on site for dinner each day.  The manager did tell me that they will have the patio’s open; they have a fire pit and outdoor seating that will be made available to the group for our stay.  She also asked me to remind the group about their drink policy – no outside beverages are allowed in the public areas of the hotel (lobby, conference rooms).

Wayne
It's a shame they dropped this on you at the last minute like this, but as a good friend of mine keeps saying, it is what it is.  ;)   

See you folks sometime Thursday afternoon.

Ed

Before I left I finally checked my luggage locks after 15 years😂😜. I would always give them a visual inspection but finally put the torx on them and they were all finger tight. Took them all off and loctited  them. I brought the security torx, loctite and ratchet if anyone wants to check theirs during EOM.  

Thanks I have registered!

Because I'm local to the area if anyone needs anything,  either due to a a breakdown or they forgot to bring something let me know, 

Ill help out anyway I can. My cell number is 304-376-5287

1 - Snowshoe route - road closure near Glade View on williams river road. Detour adds 40 miles.

2 - snowshoe route - event at snowshoe resort this weekend- downhill bicycle race - expect significant crowds and traffic in the area.