EOM 2021 Event Thread - Sept 16-19, 2021 - Flatwoods, WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
FJR1300 Eastern Owners Meet (E.O.M.) 2021 - September 17-19, 2021 - Flatwoods, WV
Update 1/13/21 - Event Details updated below.

What: 2021 FJR1300 Eastern Owners Meet (EOM)
When: September 16-19, 2021
Where:
Days Inn Flatwoods Conference Center
350 Days Dr, Sutton, WV 26601
Reservations: 866-700-7284
The hotel is ready to access reservations now (1/13/21).
Flatwoods.com

Details:

• Group Room Rate: $89.36 + tax ($96.75 total per night)
  • EOM Banquet Saturday, September 18th, 2021 at 6:30pm – Buffet (staff served) style meal.
  • Registration will open on or about July 15th, 2021. Expect registration cost to be around $35-$38 per person.
  • Event shirts & merchandise will be available with registration.
  • Routes will be posted on or around September 1st, 2021 for download on the EOM website (www.fjreom.com).
Event Schedule: 
July 15th - Registration Open (Link to be posted here)
August 27th - Last day for shirt / merchandise orders
September 1st -Refund cut off date & Route Files posted & available for download (link to be posted here)
Thursday, 9/16/21 - Travel in (for most)
Friday, 9/17 - Go Ride, parking lot social
Saturday, 9/18 - Go Ride, Banquet @ 6:30p
Sunday, 9/19 - Travel out (for most)

Update - July 7th, 2021 - Registration.

[SIZE=11pt]EOM 2021 Registration is now open.  The registration and event merchandise are set up in the [/SIZE]Attacktheroad e-commerce website located at [SIZE=11pt]www.attacktheroad.com/atrstore[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] (Link)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]EOM Registration (link) [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]EOM 2021 Registration – ATR Store (attacktheroad.com)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Registration includes rally swag, door prize raffle ticket and banquet dinner for one (1) in Flatwoods, WV on Saturday, September 18[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]th[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]. 2021,  Registration will remain open until Friday, September 10[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]th[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], 2021.  Dinner addons after that date can be discussed on a case by case bases and will be allowed based on the hotel's ability to accommodate additional headcount for the meal.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Event merchandise.  (Link) [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Event Merchandise – ATR Store (attacktheroad.com)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Rally logo shirts are available for purchase at this time as well.  The 2021 Logo design is courtesy of member [/SIZE]LeeDavis.  Cotton and Sport-tek shirts are available in short and long sleeve.  There are women's shirts available as well.  Side note regarding ladies shirts – if you do not see the size / color you need, please PM or email me.  Merchandise orders will end on Wednesday, August 25[SIZE=8.5pt]th[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], 2021 in order to accommodate order and production lead time at our vendor.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]If you have not already made reservations at the hotel, I would suggest doing that before the room block is released.  If you have questions regarding orders or registration, please post here, PM or email me (Wayne - aka extrememarine) and I will respond as soon as possible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Is it September yet?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Wayne[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Event / Shirt Logo:[/SIZE]
2021 Logo JPEG version (2).jpg

Update – 9/13/21 – Hotel Update & FYI.

This afternoon, the hotel called me with some updates on their amenities / services.  Due to staffing shortages, the on-site restaurant will not be open.  This does not impact the banquet meal Saturday evening, but will impact Thursday and Friday evening’s options for dinner.  They are able to open the lounge / bar and intent to have appetizers available.  The manager was concerned that if she attempted to have the restaurant open and be shorted staffed that they would not be able to keep up with the volume our group would bring.  Unfortunately, the onsite restaurant and lounge were a key factor in the location because there is very limited alternatives in the area.  I asked if there were local restaurants that would delivery – pizza, etc. – she said no.  

There are options within a short ride of the hotel for food, both on the same side of I-77 and across in the Walmart Plaza – this google maps link.  There is a china buffet, moe’s southwest grill, Shoney’s, El Gallo Mexican, little caesars, Lloyd’s family restaurant, etc.

There is no hotel shuttle, and Uber is not likely to be in service in the area according to the hotel.

I apologize in advance for the inconvenience this will bring – I was looking forward to the ease of just walking down to the restaurant on site for dinner each day.  The manager did tell me that they will have the patio’s open; they have a fire pit and outdoor seating that will be made available to the group for our stay.  She also asked me to remind the group about their drink policy – no outside beverages are allowed in the public areas of the hotel (lobby, conference rooms).

Wayne

I am planning on making my 1st EOM this year.  This will be the first time in many years that I am not the rallymeister for the COG Run with the Wolf rally which has always been the weekend before EOM.

I will keep a watch on this thread and see what 2021 holds for us all 

Post 1 updated with Registration information.

Update - July 7th, 2021 - Registration.

[SIZE=11pt]EOM 2021 Registration is now open.  The registration and event merchandise are set up in the [/SIZE]Attacktheroad e-commerce website located at [SIZE=11pt]www.attacktheroad.com/atrstore[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] (Link)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]EOM Registration (link) [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]EOM 2021 Registration – ATR Store (attacktheroad.com)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Registration includes rally swag, door prize raffle ticket and banquet dinner for one (1) in Flatwoods, WV on Saturday, September 18[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]th[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]. 2021,  Registration will remain open until Friday, September 10[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]th[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], 2021.  Dinner addons after that date can be discussed on a case by case bases and will be allowed based on the hotel's ability to accommodate additional headcount for the meal.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Event merchandise.  (Link) [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Event Merchandise – ATR Store (attacktheroad.com)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Rally logo shirts are available for purchase at this time as well.  The 2021 Logo design is courtesy of member [/SIZE]LeeDavis.  Cotton and Sport-tek shirts are available in short and long sleeve.  There are women's shirts available as well.  Side note regarding ladies shirts – if you do not see the size / color you need, please PM or email me.  Merchandise orders will end on Wednesday, August 25[SIZE=8.5pt]th[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], 2021 in order to accommodate order and production lead time at our vendor.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]If you have not already made reservations at the hotel, I would suggest doing that before the room block is released.  If you have questions regarding orders or registration, please post here, PM or email me (Wayne - aka extrememarine) and I will respond as soon as possible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Is it September yet?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Wayne[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Event / Shirt Logo:[/SIZE]
View attachment 261