EOM 2021 Event Thread - Sept 16-19, 2021 - Flatwoods, WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see interest picking up!

Lee, Jim and Bob are stitching together some fine riding options for the area - should be a great mix of twisty and scenic roads.

There are still rooms available in the room block at the group rate.

I always wind up debating the tire thing.  But this time I'm pretty sure.  :)
1500 mi there and back plus riding around West Virginia.

Do I have enough tread left?

And no I don't know how many are on the tires now.

Then that little voice in my head talks about  Better safe then sorry.

Do you have a tread depth gauge?  

I know my tires will last very well just traveling, but I don't know what to expect there.  If we do any spirited riding I could be pushing my luck.  I have the Michelins lying in my shop now.  I'll endeavor to wear my current tires out before then and get them mounted.

Update - attendee list from Registration.

There were a few that I didn't have screen / forum names for and have emailed those.  If you don't see you name on this list and you registered, pm me with your info and I'll update the registration info.

21.07.21.list.JPG

Routes are polished up - if you bump into LeeDavis or Jim (spklbuk), buy them an adult beverage...  I will get the route package set up on the EOM website and post when they are ready - target date for that is no later than August 15th.

Tires arrived on Friday (yesterday). I ordered on Thursday from Revzilla.  Bridgestone BT023 front $130 and rear $180. + U.S . Government user fee.

Free ride.

Registration update - August 23rd - 45 registered, but missing a few forum/screen names yet (emails sent).  If you don't see your name on the list, send me a PM with your name and forum name please.

Forum Name or Nick Name

extrememarine

LeeDavis

BkerChuk

ElToroJoe

Cota95

Boston

Huron52

Kornbread

Vabrzn

HaulinAshe

OldGuy

LKLD

FJRVFR

WNYFJR

Tyler

Chivvalry

Intech-FYB

Burnspot

blindsquirrel

Worxmagic

FJRPittsburgh

FZ07Pittsburgh

tbarnes

Ray

mi_pjk

Mark

Powerman

FJRFarrier

Spininprop

Kridnkris

Fencer

BikerGeek

SoozeBG

Slowpoke

ChrisB

Danh600

Vabikebreaker

BillLumberg

AlGas

GrayRay

Dsbiker

The clock is ticking and EOM is approaching. I would be remiss in my duties if I did not put out a reminder - bring yer Hawaiian shirt for Saturday night. Hell - bring two, one for Friday AND one for Saturday, if you're wild AND crazy!

If you are new to EOM or haven't been to EOM in a while, we do the Hawaiian shirt thing in rememberance of Don Stanley, AKA beemerdons on this board. For more information aboot Don, track down me or one of the old timers and we'll happily fill you in.

Two more for the 16th, from Maine. Joe and Julie pushed me over the edge. Plus the sweetie on the phone at the motel was to die for. How could I say no.  Yankees coming, b-atches!!!!!