EOM on knobbies.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushes

Reaction score
Who's riding dual sport?

I am.

I know Wayne is 1 day, maybe Jim.

Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
One day down - at least a couple more - I need to find more mud holes to play in...

2015-09-19%2010.47.06_zpszkyn1zjt.jpg

You got me all excited!!! Only 2 people have accomplished this! I almost put them back on for EOM. lol.

One day down - at least a couple more - I need to find more mud holes to play in...

Be careful what you wish for marine.

Turn out most any side track like the one to the right; they will hold ya.

Russ, I kinda screwed up. Retired. The got a job.
fool.gif
So I'll be ready for Sat/Sun but that is the best I can do.

Be careful what you wish for marine.

Turn out most any side track like the one to the right; they will hold ya.

Russ, I kinda screwed up. Retired. The got a job.
fool.gif
So I'll be ready for Sat/Sun but that is the best I can do.
Retired, then got a job...WTF?

Extrememotardmarine and I rode about 260 miles yesterday and I did about 125 today.

A few phone pics from yesterday and today before the rain got here.

20150924_085658_zpsibeecz0v.jpg

I had the pleasure of riding with Russ on Thursday. Jim put together a short loop for us, and even though Garmin conspired to remove some of the dirt, we still managed to have a really great day. On an FJR, 260 miles is a little more than a tank of fuel. On a DRZ 400 & KLR, it's one heck of a day!!

Here's some of the shots I had from that day.

IMG_1440_zpsaej40vev.jpg

Second rest stop.

IMG_1441_zpsfz6grpvv.jpg

Highland Scenic Drive at about 4200' elevation.

IMG_1443_zpseraia1bj.jpg

3 Forks Wilderness area

IMG_1450_zpsh7oqauxc.jpg

Jim had told me "all those roads lead back to the main exit up there". We managed to find the one that didn't.

IMG_1451_zpsu2mofz6d.jpg

And then this - we were supposed to follow that trail south, which would have dumped us out close to the start / finish point of the loop. Minor hiccup known as the "closed gate". We were running short on time, and fuel (bikes and bodies).

IMG_1453_zpscpz1ovll.jpg

Russ is a class act. That second picture is where I put the DRZ down; that uphill switchback was covered in a half inch of fine road material that was nearly invisible until you kicked it around with your foot. I was focused on looking for oncoming traffic and the front tire washed out on me. I laid there and did the post crash reboot - fingers, toes, arms, legs, deep breathe (broken rib test) and all seemed fine. I bit of fiction burn on my knee cap and maybe a sprained thumb. The DRZ laid there, running, laying down hill. We got it up righted, I walked it off and re-fired the bike. Russ made sure I was good, rechecked and confirmed that I wasn't stumbling or short any more bricks that I started out with...

I think Russ mentioned that it would be ok if I needed to cut the day short if I wasn't feeling up to riding anymore. I can't be sure if that's exactly what he said, because I was headed up the hill...
punk.gif

It was a great day - thanks Russ!!

-Wayne

Wayne failed to mention he was trying to super motard the bike through the corner and come out on the back wheel.

It WAS a great day. Thanks again for leading and finding the slippery places before I got there....

smile.png

Next year I'll trailer down both the WR450 and the FJR. If you like slippery I know where there is a little slippery water crossing. Just ask Tom.

https://vimeo.com/131311404

That just never gets old
smile.png

Wow....that looks like fun!!! I mean the trail riding, not so much the falling down part - lol

Wow....that looks like fun!!! I mean the trail riding, not so much the falling down part - lol
You don't like gravel or dirt. I doubt you would like river crossings Iris.

Of course, you have a Jim to pick up the bike for you...so maybe you would like it. :)

In the video above, Tom needed to have his own personal Jim to do that kinda schtuff.