EOM scouting ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Mrs1911 and I are really looking forward to sleeping in our tent this Saturday night, and maybe Sunday night too, at Hungry Mother State Park. I'm thinking that a pretty good way to kill time between said nights sleeping would be to go out and ride around a little. Maybe I'll post a pic or two so you EOMers can see what the area looks like without hurricane Maria's influence
unsure.png

Or join us in person and see for yourself?

How about a list of; places-to-go, and things-to-do. for us old folks and, the two-upers.
Places to go? Virginia! Things to do? Ride! Solo, two up, old, young, it's all good
smile.png

I just go to ride the roads and see the scenery, and Mrs1911 seems to think tagging along beats staying home. If you're looking for a little more in dining or off bike entertainment and what-not, plenty of locals that can offer better advice than me.

We did go to New River Gorge Bridge. The boardwalk to the lower overlook was closed. Mrs1911 enjoyed local history stuff in the visitor center.

Awesome roads. Lots of fresh pavement. Fall color just getting started. Seemed to be more leaves on the roads than i recall for this time of year. Leaves aren't a problem, until they are wet, or mixed with nuts. 700 lb m/c skating around on acorns-wheee. Ya'll be careful.

37300623406_7dab8ea3ea_b.jpg

37300621956_41c53a55c2_b.jpg

My family graveyard is just a few miles from the New River Gorge Bridge. Used to be a trail that had some old coal mining equipment just rusting away on it.

The hike down to the lower overlook was great a few years ago. On the hike back up, my adult son got a little worried about his old man huffing and puffing.