Epic Appalachians

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we are over that way the wife and I always stop at the Nora Mill Granary in Helen to restock on the fresh ground cornmeal, makes THE best cornbread! It has a similar feel to it going way back in the times of old. It's hard to believe I've never heard of the Old Sautee store, as it basically just around the corner. Definitely on the itinerary for our next visit, which needs to be soon! :)
Yep just down the road from Helen on Hwy 255 Sautee Nacoochee

They have a $.05 cent peep show machine from the 1920's that still works in the store! :dribble: .... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice report and pics! Valle Crucis, Craggy Gardens, Elk River Falls are all in my neighborhood out of Lenoir. If you want to hook up for a few miles give me a holler next time you plan to be around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm.... if I had the words. I would try to say something meaningful...amazing just doesn't cut it.
blink.gif

I met up with a riding friend of mine I knew from our M109R riding days in Maggie Valley, NC. He rode down on his new 2012 C14 (VERY NICE!!! :dribble: ) bike from his home in Nova Scotia - Canada

2-Andydude.jpg

On our way to Hot Springs, NC on Hwy 209

2-FJRC14Curve.jpg

We rode thousands of these over the course of the trip.

2-Twisties.jpg

Lake Watauga, TN

2-LakeWatauga.jpg

Covered Bridge over the Doe River in downtown Elizabethton, TN

2-CoveredBridge.jpg

One of the innumerable overlooks on the BRP

2-CherryCove.jpg

Southern Virginia

2-SouthernVirginia.jpg