Es Model worth the extra money?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, you said outside of the ES system. Are there firmer progressive rate springs for the ES?

Whenever I brake, I get excessive dive AND "SLOP"unless I set the system to Hard, and that just makes the ride harsh.

Perhaps I can use a PVC spacer like we do on our Gen 1 VMaxes?
Haven't heard of anyone changing to heavier fork springs in a ES. From the FSM, the fork springs are installed with 10mm preload. Myself, I wouldn't add any more.

Maybe more experimentation with the canned dampening settings and see if you find one that minimizes dive and gives a decent ride?

Good luck!

~G

Haven't heard of anyone changing to heavier fork springs in a ES. From the FSM, the fork springs are installed with 10mm preload. Myself, I wouldn't add any more.

Maybe more experimentation with the canned dampening settings and see if you find one that minimizes dive and gives a decent ride?

Good luck!

~G
I'm really surprised that nobody else has brought this up. Solo or 2-up, stopping, even from low speed, results in significant dive.

I guess I will go through the settings. If they don't help, perhaps I will go to my dealer to be certain there isn't something wrong.

Latest posts