ES suspension upgrade/rebuild/service options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phroenips

Pronounced "Free-nips"...it's just a
Reaction score
"Unfortunately," my 2007 A is still in perfect working order, and I already have an audiovox cruise control and GP Suspension has done their work on the suspension (Penske rear shock). But I like to keep myself prepared in case I'm forced to get a Gen III :p

I see most people seem to love the 2014+ ES model. My question is do we yet know what options exist when the stock suspension components wear out or need upgrading? Can they be re-valved somehow? Springs replaced? or in any other way serviced?

(If this question has been asked before, I apologize...it's a difficult topic to search for given the limited number of characters in "ES")

That's the $64,000 question, Phroenips. Those suspensions are going to start needing servicing soon. I have the popcorn ready. :)

I see most people seem to love the 2014+ ES model. My question is do we yet know what options exist when the stock suspension components wear out or need upgrading? Can they be re-valved somehow? Springs replaced? or in any other way serviced?
(If this question has been asked before, I apologize...it's a difficult topic to search for given the limited number of characters in "ES")
Try this recent and divisive thread on the subject. Until somebody actually rebuilds one themself or offers first-hand experience about rebuilding...it's a subject that is speculative. Let's keep the divisiveness at least to one thread please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.