Euro Handlebar Switch Source

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesurf

Reaction score
I'm greatly missing not having a high beam momentary switch on my '12, and will be even more when the Skene IQ-175A is installed this weekend. Does anyone know if the Euro handlebar setup that apparently has this switch (link) is a direct fit for the NA FJR?

Second, if the part is a direct fit, does anyone have a good source for this switch that doesn't break the bank with shipping?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the 2012 FJR uses the same handlebar controls as the 2008 FJR, then look for the handlebar controls for a Kawasaki Concours 1400. Same exact handlebar controls, except that the Kawasaki has the flash-to-pass button (yes, the USA/NA version!). I got one from a wrecked bike off e-bay for a good price and wired up the flash-to-pass button as a push-to-talk button for my communications
smile.png

...and when looking for a good deal on the handlebar controls from the Kawasaki, all you really care about is the condition of the flash-to-pass button. The button transfers over to the FJR control housing perfectly.

But you're on your own for wiring it up to function as flash-to-pass
smile.png
I didn't really pay attention to whether or not it was simply wired up in parallel with the high beam toggle switch.

If the 2012 FJR uses the same handlebar controls as the 2008 FJR, then look for the handlebar controls for a Kawasaki Concours 1400. Same exact handlebar controls, except that the Kawasaki has the flash-to-pass button (yes, the USA/NA version!). I got one from a wrecked bike off e-bay for a good price and wired up the flash-to-pass button as a push-to-talk button for my communications
smile.png
Thanks for the information...I'll look in to that.

Can't help with a source, but this is a function that is very simple to set up.

It's one wire from a fused 12V source, through a momentary switch and posi-tapped into the high beam wires. If you can't find the control you want, highwaydirtbikes.com should be able to help with a switch.

I have one of the C14 sourced flash to pass buttons installed in my '09; it's wired to be the PTT for my bike to bike communication. The '12 switch housing should be the same; you'll need to look for an '08 to '10 ZG1400 like this one.

...and when looking for a good deal on the handlebar controls from the Kawasaki, all you really care about is the condition of the flash-to-pass button. The button transfers over to the FJR control housing perfectly.
But you're on your own for wiring it up to function as flash-to-pass
smile.png
I didn't really pay attention to whether or not it was simply wired up in parallel with the high beam toggle switch.
The C14 switch is not wired up in parallel, at least not within the switch housing. After rigorous testing, it appears that wiring in parallel within the switch housing works fine.

I have one of the C14 sourced flash to pass buttons installed in my '09; it's wired to be the PTT for my bike to bike communication. The '12 switch housing should be the same; you'll need to look for an '08 to '10 ZG1400 like this one.
Thanks. I purchased that one and am now up and running.