Euro-spec Pass Switch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

Reaction score
I´m in Stavanger, Norway for the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the subject switch would fit in a U.S. spec switch cluster?

If it will, I´m going to buy one and bring it back.

Pappy

It's been said that you have to buy the entire clutch-side housing (horn, hibeam, etc) not just the flash switch.

I asked somehere, who could read Norwegian, to call the Yamaha shopin Stavanger. I have to buy the whole housing which is 2049NOK (which is about $300USD!! :dribble:

I saw a black FJR which looked totally awesome! That pass switch sure looked nice to. I'll have to see if it's still parked there tonight - around 3am. :ph34r:

You know Yamaha has to buy that switch from someone. If someone with the euro spec switch would just open up their housing and post the markings from that switch, maybe we could find the supplier and put together a group buy on them.

Yeah. There is. I've taken the housing apart and it's got all the molding in place for a switch mount. Mamayama just never actually put the switch in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
R0012768.JPG

How may I help ?

Howard

I love the immobilizer key. Reminds of the 1st Gen Venture keys. The US spec FJR keys are pretty plain jane.

:eh:

Howard! Awesome!

If you could open the housing up and look at the switch there should be some part numbers of some sort on it. Also if you can tell us if it is a multi part deal as in the trigger is seperate from the switch that would help. Pictures would be great.

Howard! Awesome!

If you could open the housing up and look at the switch there should be some part numbers of some sort on it. Also if you can tell us if it is a multi part deal as in the trigger is seperate from the switch that would help. Pictures would be great.

If we get jammed on a translation, a chick I used to date spoke fluent Norwegian (her Dad came over from Norway). I'm sure she'll help w/ a translation if it becomes necessary.

don't know if it helps, but those look like the type that all Triumph bikes come with -standard issue. Maybe a local Triumph dealer would have them...?

:)

Okay, I give up. What is this "pass switch"? I read all the posts, saw the pictures, and still don't know what its for............ :confused:

It triggers the high and low beams and " flashes " the headlights. In Europe people actually pull over when you flash them, not like the states where the guy in front gives you a brake check when you flash him! :unsure:

Can't you get the same affect by switching from low to high to low on your bike?

Latest posts