Euro-spec Pass Switch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't you get the same affect by switching from low to high to low on your bike?
Yea, I've never understood while rolling up/down on the hi/lo rocker switch isn't just as easy.

Yea, I've never understood while rolling up/down on the hi/lo rocker switch isn't just as easy.
Ok, using the rocker isn't really difficult but that isn't saying that the trigger-style "Flash-To-Pass" switch isn't easier to hit when you are trying to pass.

Personally, I want one so that I can wire it as a PTT button for my Bike-To-Bike.

According to the electrical schematic the Passing switch sends power to the high beams only without going through a relay. Must be a robust switch.

So, if you're puttering along with the low beams on and you press the passing switch, both high and low beams would be on -- all four lamps on.

If you're running with the high beams on the passing switch will have no effect -- it's not connected to the low beams.

The european models have a 3-position light switch -- off, position lights, all lights. I believe the passing switch would energize the high beams even if the headlights are turned off with this 3-position lighting switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Switch1.jpg

Switch2.jpg

innards.jpg

The two wires from the switch form part of the wiring harness. There are no part no,s on this part. I would imagine that our harness would be different to yours in that we have a built in immobiliser. Without the immobiliser [Red] key teaching the black key the code the bike will not operate. If all keys are lost the wiring harness [i am told] will have to be replaced.

Masterkey.jpg

On the rev counter at the bottom, note a small symbol of a key. The following two photos show the red flashing light on and off. It will start flashing a few seconds after removing the key. Flash for 24 hours [i think] then stop to save battery

immobiliserlightoff.jpg

immobiliserlighton.jpg

The fact that I caught the immobiliser light on is a pure fluke.

My Euro model light switch has only TWO positions Hi, LO, cannot switch off

Hope that I have answered your questions

Howard

From reading the posts, I think some are interested in the switch itself, planning on wiring other accessories to that switch. Since there is room in the housing and it is made to hold the switch, it would be simple to install and use. Availability is the issue. If the switch itself cannot be ordered sepaarate, then the discussion is moot.

WHAT THE FRIG?

Why don't US scoots get the immobilizer? Like our shit doesn't get stolen?

Now, THIS is a worthwhile farkle. Wont stop someone from flatbedding a bike, but if enough of these bikes had immobilizers many crooks might be deterred from stealing.

-BD

@ HIGHLANDER

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like a good idea to have one, I suppose, but for now, I just flip the toggle switch from LO to HIGH a couple times. And you're right, you get the brake light check, or :fuck: , which ever comes first. Here in San Diego, its the latter of the two........

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the local Yamaha dealer today to have a look at the switch assembly on the parts list. The whole thing is one part no. You have to buy the whole left side assembly. no spare parts available loose.

Howard

Latest posts