Exhaust clean up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pascalfd

Reaction score
First time out with the wife riding pillon. First stop, unusual smell coming from the bike...sure enough, her high heels shoes melted on the exhaust (Note to self : don't allow her on the bike with these shoes anymore).

Now what? What's the best way to clean this stuff off ?

This thread Exhaust Guards or not suggest a razor blade, or the glass top stoves cleaning or even "copper" style steel wool.

Please advise. I would hate scratching my new shiny exhaust.

Thanks

Pascal

In that same post I recommended a product called NEVR DULL, it is a cotton wadding that is impregnated with metal polish. I used to use it when I was in the navy and had to keep the brass and other metal shiney. When I bought my bike, the previous owners wife had done the same thing and he never took it off. I used some elbow grease and the NEVR DULL and it came right out with no scratches. I think you can find it at a Kragen or other auto parts store. Good luck. :)

High heels??? I suppose that is better than the flip flops the squids gals wear but still a bit unusual. Maybe you were going to the opera or dancing? Sure don't want to discourage her from joining you on your ride. Any fishnet stockings to go with the heels? Damn, I promised I would not ask that...

glass top stoves cleaner works great for me. let the exhaust cool and apply the cleaner to an old tee shirt, rub into the burnt shoe material until cleaned....really works well, and does not scratch the stainless pipes.the brand i use is cook top cleaner, picked it up at bed bath and beyond.

I had the same problem

I used the glass top stove cleaner then never dull and capped it off with the Cobra Chrome exhaust guards to make sure it did not happen again.

My smarks were from my boots not a passengers

The cook top cleaner did the trick and I will keep an eye open for the NEVR DULL next time I'm shopping . Thanks guys !

Now, how do I clean up the smacked bugs from my tuxedo.. :huh: