Family time with weapons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to tread carefully at the point. A quick reminder that we've all done very well to keep it out of politics, so let's not do it now.

How about this one?
41jtYLg2ulL.jpg

Available here:

https://www.amazon.com/NO-GUNS-Window-Bumper-Sticker/dp/B00434ZXD8
That one and a PETA sticker. :)

Gun stickers or NRA sticker on your veh is probable cause for a stop and search in the state of New York.
No political slant intended by me at all but could you provide a cite or anything else authoritative showing this to be true? Even via PM would be fine so we don't thread-jack this too much.

I liken people with gun stickers on their vehicles to people that open carry: not very good with whatever weapon they're showing off, and probably lack the balls to use it. BUT, the gun they they're showing is "scary" so most people won't mess them and realize how soft a target they really are.

If that doesn't relay my thoughts, I DESPISE open-carry clowns.

CONCEALED carry. If people know you're carrying it, or can see it, you're doing it wrong.

One of my favorite memes says, "Stop telling everybody that I'm an asshole. I love to see the surprise on their faces when they figure it out for themselves." Same goes for that hidden gun and the dumbass that thinks I'm going to be a victim: SURPRISE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Our AR-15 and AR-10 forum members can check out a new product developed and patented by the offspring of one of your fellow forum members...you can check out his website...you may even recognize the star of the videos he currently is featuring...

https://www.brassbully.com

Old Michael posted: Hahaha! That's hilarious.
This whole thread is bizarre and hilarious. But, I don't have an FJR.
No FJR? Pussy.

Anyone who claims a 9mm isn't good enough for self defense ..... hold my beer and stand 50 feet away.

Okay, what about other people shooting with their family. Santa's bringing my wife pillon this:

Springfield-Armory-1911-Range-Officer-Elite-Pistols.jpg

Knifemaker posted: How is someone fifty feet away being a threat?
wink.png
It was a response to all those who believe a 9mm isn't sufficient for self defense. "Hold my beer and let's try it out ..."

Okay, what about other people shooting with their family. Santa's bringing my wife pillon this:
[img=[URL="https://www.eurooptic.com/Images/headers/Springfield-Armory-1911-Range-Officer-Elite-Pistols.jpg%5D"]https://www.eurooptic.com/Images/headers/Springfield-Armory-1911-Range-Officer-Elite-Pistols.jpg][/URL]
Have my eye on my that compact in .45 :)

And where and when did I get the idea Colt stopped making pistols? That Colt Defender looks pretty nice....

Well, went to a gun store last night with my son. Looked at around 8+ pistols meeting his criteria. Walther, HK, Smith &Wesson, Ruger, Sig, Glock, Kimber and even Colt.

He ended up picking two contenders, The Ruger SC9C, and the Sig P320 Compact. I personally liked the Sig, but not my choice. Now we plan on seeing if we can find a shooting range that offers these models to rent and see which he likes shooting better.

Anyone with experience with either pistol your comments are welcome ...

And the winner is......

After shooting about a dozen of the more compact 9mm's, my son picked out ....

The Sig P938 Blackout. The S&W MP was the runner up, the Glocks ran full last.

I personally liked the gun myself. The rubber wrap around grips and extended finger magazine made the gun much more comfortable and controlable to shoot over the rest.

We are going to hit the gun shop on Wednesday to see if they can get him one. :)

And the winner is......After shooting about a dozen of the more compact 9mm's, my son picked out ....

The Sig P938 Blackout. The S&W MP was the runner up, the Glocks ran full last.

I personally liked the gun myself. The rubber wrap around grips and extended finger magazine made the gun much more comfortable and controlable to shoot over the rest.

We are going to hit the gun shop on Wednesday to see if they can get him one. :)
I just got the P238. Same gun but in .380. I bought the Scorpion model for the ambi safety and will put the Houge grips from the 938 on it. Great little weapons.

Sportsguy and I went to test out a variety of 9mm short barrel CCW candidates. Sig, M&P, Walter, Ruger. The winners for us were the FNH and SA XD Mod.2. Smooth, accurate and well made. Worth the price.