Family time with weapons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bustanut joker

Reaction score
So finally the weather and family co-operated so it was time to empty some brass..

Sheila on the newly built AR 15... Running .223 today

lead%20012_zpssauz00pf.jpg

Whoops! lessons before the shot.

lead%20006_zpsueruyp9t.jpg

My youngest having his go..

lead%20013_zpsbvzhtdt5.jpg

Sheila cutting loose with the .45.

Notice the spent casing in the air on both?... Yeah I'm fuking awesome with my 20 dollar garage sale colorpix.
fuck.gif

lead%20003_zpsecplvok1.jpg

The now off duty Marine and his home built AR..

lead%20015_zpsqurzkgxi.jpg

Our host Ryan kneeling, and buddy Jimmy, wondering if it was such a good idea inviting me..

lead%20005_zpsa6z0hfoj.jpg

Today's choice of playthings.. Minus the .44 and .460... I put 10 through the .44 and just needed 1 through the .460. to convince me I have no penis.

lead%20023_zpsqk7fqgxo.jpg

Great day wrecking shit for sure.. I think the empty brass was near 5 pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
45 years and to this day no eye cover. I figure if it's gonna stove pipe the miniscule protection glass or lexan might provide ain't worth it.

Hearing protection is mandatory though.

Yeah, you're right about flimsy lens vs rapidly approaching metal fragments.

I learned to shoot on revolvers, which I believe have more chance of debris coming out every which way and zeroing in on my eyes. Stopping a rearward explosive malfunction would likely need something more robust than lexan.

Still, I like to wear safety eyewear, if only for the reassuring illusion of protection. I'm a wuss.

Range plugs for sure. Even the .22 gets hard on the ears after a few rounds. I imagine that .460 makes an authoritative pop!

Quick word about eye protection...

I have been hit by flying brass in the safety glasses twice. Both times it was from the people shooting near me, not my own weapon. Glad I didn't have to deal with a scratched or worse eyeball from something I would have never seen coming. Eye protection is a must.

Very nice day at the range. Nice collection of guns there as well. I see the price of ammunition is coming down and people can afford to spend some time shooting.

It's a nit, but as a shooting sports instructor, I never use the word 'weapon' unless I am talking about something that is actually used as a weapon. What you have there are firearms or guns. I know the military calls a gun a weapon, but that's because they are intended to be used as weapons in the military.

That looks like fun. Glad you got out with the boys and wife.

Wear eye protection dumbass. Most stuff that'll put your eye out isn't very big or moving very fast. Even cheap glasses can stop most, but eyes are soft and delicate, kind of like your manhood.

That looks like fun. Glad you got out with the boys and wife.
Wear eye protection dumbass. Most stuff that'll out your eye out isn't very big or moving very fast. Even cheap glasses can stop most, but eyes are soft and delicate, kind of exactly like your manhood.
AJ, I fixed it for you ese! JSNS, de nada!

Wear eye protection dumbass. Most stuff that'll out your eye out isn't very big or moving very fast. Even cheap glasses can stop most, but eyes are soft and delicate, kind of like your manhood.
So are you gonna ask him if he wears a cup while shooting? Or why? Lord knows where that might lead, but be prepared for an answer to take a while as he grows nostalgic for a special ewe and has to go out back to remember her properly.

:rolleyes: