Fatter Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Still new here. I searched on the subject but was unable to locate anything on fatter grips. I have long fingered and they stock grips are too small for me,
Does anyone knows where I find aftermarket grips? I don’t know if you can remove the stock one’s and still have the heat feature. Is the heat element in the rubber or beneath them.
Thank

You've got options. I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations but for simple starters take a look at Grip-Puppies. Easy in that they just slip over the OEM grips and you should still enjoy some of the heat from them. (Real important in Florida?) These might make the grips big enough for larger hands and avoids the removal of the originals.

Hey Guys, Still new here. I searched on the subject but was unable to locate anything on fatter grips. I have long fingered and they stock grips are too small for me,
Does anyone knows where I find aftermarket grips? I don’t know if you can remove the stock one’s and still have the heat feature. Is the heat element in the rubber or beneath them.
Thank
Grip puppies. Have used for years. 2XL glove. In addition to more girth, they are very comfortable. Even absorb some vibration while letting warmth from heated grips come through.

I've used Grip puppies for years over 12 years at least. They are excellent, don't hold much water at all when wet and don't block much of the heat from the heated grips.

I have them on all my bikes and thoroughly recommend them.

There have been reports that grip sleeves (Grip Puppies and the like) can adversely effect heated grips by making them burn out more quickly when used on maximum. I cannot vouch for that but have had to replace a set of heated grips after about 100,000 miles (about 4½ years) of all weather riding.

I like both the Grip Puppies and the Grip/Beemer Buddies. Puppies are thicker and softer, Buddies are 2X expensive and easier to install and remove.

I first used Grip Puppies on my FJR. However, in addition to Grip Puppies which are flat across the length of the grip, there's the very inexpensive Cycle Gear "Trackside" branded 7/8 grips for $6.99. I use both brands on different bikes, but I've been using the CG ones for many years prior to trying the GP on the FJR.
I actually like the shaped feel of the Trackside one's which I believe conform more naturally to your hand vs the flat Grip Puppies. And the CG one's last a very long time. When and if the GP need to be changed, I'm pretty sure I'll go with the CG one's for the FJR.