Favorite Photo of your FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2004 Gen I that I just sold. Need to get some beauty shots of my 'new to me' 2006 Gen II.

FJRSunset_zps5n0fmj6z.jpg

My '14 up on the bluffs along the Mississippi River after crossing over into Wisconsin. Like this one enough to keep it as my avatar too
rolleyes.gif

29698068375_b5e1916af1_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! I know where that is and have pixs taken there, but they are of a BMW K1600 that we were riding so of course they can't be posted here ;) The rough roads around some of that area showed us the great advantage of the ES suspension and is directly responsible for the '15 ES in my garage today :)

That picture sure is BLUE!

It's hard to pick a single favorite.

There's this one in Blue Earth, MN because I simply stumbled across the statue while getting gas.

BlueEarthMin2003.jpg

While this one has great personal meaning. It's on the road from Mt Rushmore where, when I was 5, I was on a trip with my Grandparents and cousins and remember climbing to the top; over the tunnel. I figured out what I was seeing in time to pull over and take the shot, then realized that "to the top of the tunnel" means, climbed on top of the big rock seen directly behind the bike.

BlackHills2003.jpg

Or, as a photo, this "hero" shot of the bike pre-IBR (inside controlled, employee-only space) at the original DFW control tower (now mostly fallen into disuse except for emergencies that take down the ones farther to the east and west of the airport.

FJR2003DFW.jpg

I see a recurring theme here, the 07 Black Cherry are the most photogenic pictures.
smile.png
I guess I'll have to add a few more then.
biggrin.png

CO133, 2013 solo trip.

IMG_2579-XL.jpg

CO92, 2013 solo trip.

IMG_2600-XL.jpg

2013 solo trip. Dirt road north of Crested Butte.

IMG_2630-XL.jpg

Fun day doing some of the Washington Passes and back roads with the PieTart. Took a little back Rd to Peshastin when we came off the Chaumstick and saw a sign that said Derby Canyon, had to follow it! Went in ten/twenty or so miles and found a little tree in the road and decided to turn around.

PieTart is fun to travel with, when he takes me down a stupid road we laugh and giggle, and the same when I lead him astray.

DSCN4391_zpsna8qf4ah.jpg

My contribution is different. It's about how wonderful an FJR is from a stability and well designed chassis which can absorb huge velocity impacts and remain upright.

Linked ABS.

Conservative rake and trail.

GPS suspension upgrades of course, too.

Look at the damage. I rode this bike home. I will always remember the deer's breath, breaking ribs, and death.

I actually feel sorry for her, but incredibly glad I survived. How was she to know? From my perspective, all I saw was...

6.JPG

I rode this bike home. 6 miles. Low coolant. But I got home.

5.JPG

This bike, KrZy8, is still my favorite ride, even though I have BeemerDon's low mileage 2013 in the wings.

Why? I have history with this gurl. There have been many problems since as a result of this killing. But she is my girl..

My favorite bike.

..I know, inanimate mechanical objects.

SCREW YOU.

215k plus and still going.

My gurll..