Finally, a bike uglier than Brodie's old AE!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may be ugly to some, but if you are lying in a pool of your own blood, they are the most beautiful sight in the world.

Used by first responders to navigate through dense traffic or pedestrian thoroughfares much more quickly than any other method.

Agree with Mac! If those attention grabbing graphics help LEOs navigate traffic (more) safely, then louder the better. Check out Blood Bikers vids too. Some good folks across-the-pond.

~G

Not saying ambulance motorcycles are common here, but it’s not a surprise to see one. I did once see two together amongst the ambulances at my local hospital, that was unusual. But they weren't FJRs.

"Blood" bikes are more common, ridden by volunteers to transport human organs or medical supplies rapidly between medical centres.

Edited to add video:

Last edited:
That's the first motorcycle ambulance I think I've ever seen. Getting a paramedic on scene quickly before the meat wagon can be on scene is probably a game changer. They should adopt that in the USA.
Austin/Travis County ride BMWs (S1200RT and 650-GS). There is a non-profit group of EMS in Austin that are ham radio operators that can be hired (mileage, hotels if necessary).

I know that there are bikes being used to respond to fire calls all over the world (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_bike).

There was even a trial by the Los Angeles Fire Department to asses the use of bikes to respond to fires:

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/09/los-angeles-firefighters-motorcycles.html
I also know that if I had a chance to volunteer for an organization that required me to ride one of those bikes, I would be all over it. Too bad there is nothing like that here in Canada.

Not saying ambulance motorcycles are common here, but it’s not a surprise to see one. I did once see two together amongst the ambulances at my local hospital, that was unusual. But they weren't FJRs.

"Blood" bikes are more common, ridden by volunteers to transport human organs or medical supplies rapidly between medical centres.

Edited to add video:

When I retire, here soon, I want THAT job. Can I stay at your place Mac?

When I retire, here soon, I want THAT job. Can I stay at your place Mac?
You do realise it's purely voluntary. No pay, and you are expected to obey all traffic rules.

No flashing lights, no siren.

After your job, you would find this something of an anticlimax.

Yeah, but c'mon. You're whipping the shit out of somebody else's bike, and not paying for gas, maintenance, tires, or insurance. Win-win.

AND you're retired. If it gets boring, you can quit.

You do realise it's purely voluntary. No pay, and you are expected to obey all traffic rules.

No flashing lights, no siren.

After your job, you would find this something of an anticlimax.
Oh, well, thanks for crushing my dreams. Now I'm going to have to go get a real job. I have one daughter in college and two more following up. Retiring from this job just means I need another. Lol

I did look at joining the blood bikes for my area(Severn Free Wheelers), they cover all hours especially nights and you are required to be an advanced motorcyclist and out in all weather.
I was made redundant at the time and had spare time but the new job now takes up a lot more time and covering a night shift before a days work is a bit much for myself, I would like to go part time and join them.
Oh and you got to have a white helmet.