Finally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Daly

YES I ran the fatty over!!
Reaction score
So I finally got out for an all afternoon ride in WV with my buddy Dick on his FZ1. I did the bullet train on I79 from Morgantown down to Clarksberg to meet up with him. We had a mission to go to https://www.supersmittys.com/ on SR 33 (seemed like a good dealership but I cant say yet) to get a shop manual for the FZ. Any way there was this nice youngish (~25) WV State Trooper in there jaw'n with with a guy at the part counter and Dick and I were lookin at the new C14 and a used FZ1 (over priced sticker of course). So this trouper walks up and was lookin at an R1 and the sales guy said "you know I got that in here just for you" and he said "I think my R6 is enough bike for me" and Dick, not being the kind to hold back said "I bet you get that R6 up faster than most" and the trooper replies "no... I know from riding dirt bikes how fast a bike can get away from you" and Dick said something like "grumble grumble yeah sure"

So that all seemed fine and what not. Then as Dick and I start talking about where we were going from there. I noticed the young trooper's ears perk up. So we say our good byes and hit the John and out the door we go. as we walk to the bikes there is the car sittting right next to our "sikl's". I said to Dick, you watch as we pull out of view that kid is going to come running out of the shop and reach for the Motorola. So we mounted up and headed out. To get back on 33 you basically make a 20 sec long U along a siding to the ramp then back the other way. Just as we pass the shop out come lil'leo. we rode for about two minutes on 33 then headed north on SR 20. Within a minute of being on 20 we pass an intersection and screaming up on our right side is another 20-something trooper with the Billy Badass gloves and scanning left and right (we were right in front of him :) ). So he follows us down a 55 mph SR at 45 for about 6 miles. about 1 mile into that another trooper comes from the opposing direction and rubber necks us. We later ran into a fourth Trooper on the side of the road at the apex of a left hand sweeper. Lucky we were being good boys! :)

The rest of the ride was nice and relatively uneventful except a lil cat an mouse with Bill on our way to Crystal Springs on SR 50 for a double bacon cheese burger and fries. All in all it was great to be back in the saddle!

Kevin, was Dick the YOUNG gent that went with us

this pass summer?

And if so I'll bet he grumbled & growled at those speeds.

Chuck

Kevin, was Dick the YOUNG gent that went with us this pass summer?

And if so I'll bet he grumbled & growled at those speeds.

Chuck
Yeah, not the one riding 2 up but the YOUNGER guy on the FZ. After riding from smity's up to Grafton at 45-50 he had to chuckel, "I was being a good boy dont you think?"

PS how did you and the fam winter over yonder? thought about dropin by one of these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS how did you and the fam winter over yonder? thought about dropin by one of these days.
We wintered over ok. Drop by if you get around these parts,

as it gets later in the year I hope to plan another ride. I'll PM you

if and when, then post up something here.

Take care hope everyone there is well and ok

Chuck