Fine Lines

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1

Reaction score
I just read another FJRr say he likes to seek out "Tail of the Dragon" type roads...I'm sure many have run the "Back of the Dragon" (rt. 16 Marion to Tazwell, VA) The Wooden Pickle is a great place for lunch in Marion...throwin that in there... And "The Snake" is probably one of my favorites...rt 421 South Holston Lake to Mountain City...great stop at South Holston Lake Dam and awesome food and deserts (prepared by the owners) ( get reservations for dinner...not expensive but small) at Suba's in Mountain City. Anyone hear of the "Bowels of the Dragon" ??...Ha...I named that one myself...rt. 32 out of Cosby TN...check it, the most technical and tight road i have ridden on...solo runs are common as very little residential, and the west end turns gravel (tight and very doable) for a mile or two down to hardtop and the hydro dam...keeps the moto crowds away. Laurel Springs resort is awesome place to stay in Cosby...Two bedroom condos with hot tubs and nice walk around grounds for relaxing...about a hundred or so bucks is all. What are some of your favorite twisty, sweepy or scenic runs and or stops?

Latest posts