First big girl ride for the wife.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preparing for the road and coming rain at a popular local eatery

IMG_2166.jpegIMG_2168.jpeg

Almost home!

Stopped in P’ville to get Blue FJR inspection updated. Then final leg home. Only15 miles or so.

camphoto_824023566.jpeg

A bitOstout while waiting.

Hope to have more pics and video soon.

We made it back yesterday almost completely uneventful

Here’s the route. In addition to wife’s first real ride on the FJR, it was our first full Skyline drive run.

IMG_2172.jpeg

Wife might’ve saved my life on this trip. Thanks to a comms. She didn’t show the incident in this video but I think she’s going to make a short out of it soon.

Great video footage! Sorry I missed you guys when you were up here in PA. Somehow or other our paths will cross. 👍🏼
Now that it looks like my son will be adopting my ‘07 (since I moved up to a ‘14), a trip down Skyline Drive could be in the works next year if not later this year. 😊

Great video footage! Sorry I missed you guys when you were up here in PA. Somehow or other our paths will cross. 👍🏼
Now that it looks like my son will be adopting my ‘07 (since I moved up to a ‘14), a trip down Skyline Drive could be in the works next year if not later this year. 😊
We like doing skyline. Reach out if you feel like a group ride.

Consider getting a national park pass. It will get in two bikes ( family member). So for and extra 30-40 total $$ you can ride again and use it use it at any national park.

Last edited:
Standard disclaimer. The video dues do justice to how we remember it.

If you don’t have comms please consider it

Coach your passengers to be active participants and communicate hazards. Also in groups encourage active communication of potential hazards.

If you don’t have comms please consider it
I agree. If you are not riding alone. The OP’s video above is a good example for the reason.

I had a wired rider-pillion comm with my wife as a passenger for many years. I preferred her to tell me that we needed to stop instead of her banging on my back (a universal sign for wth-????), and I was able to warn her to grab on tight when I decided to pass someone. Unfortunately, she developed back problems and that severely reduced her participation in riding with me. Then, a couple of my friends and I started to take rides and trips together. After a few times we lost someone in the rear view mirror, we decided to get wireless comms - as ridiculous as they appeared on the side of helmets, we agreed to give it a try. We all got matching ones, and we are happy that we did. We don’t talk much, - if at all - on rides, as riding for us is a time to enjoy the scenery, and get away from it all for a few hours or days, but we all appreciate an occasional heads-up on having gravel on the road ahead or if someone needs to stop unexpectedly.

Last edited: