First FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
So I'm now the proud and happy owner of a 2013 FJR.

IMG_0767_zps234bf372.jpg

I've ordered the initial blast of add ons: Heli Bars, peg lowering kit, slider, Clearwater lights, hyperlights, side case protective bars and a Cee Bailey higher windshield. Oh and a Service Manual.

I'm a bit daunted about pulling off all the Tuperwear the first time to install the lights, but things are always a bit unnerving the first time.

Don't know about the Gen III, but my Gen II didn't require all the tupperware removed in order to install my CW Ericas and Glendas. iirc, I had to remove the inner panels, in order to route wires & such, and had to remove the mirrors in order to install the brackets for the Ericas.

For the hyperlites, I had to remove the left side panel below the seat, and the air filter outer cover. I used a wire harness available from Admore lighting to hook up the hyperlites, otherwise I may not have had to remove the left side panel.

Enjoy your new ride, and welcome to the forum!

Nice !!! I just acquired a '08 with 2000 miles and was changing all of the fluids etc .... Had to to the "tupperware" thing last weekend in fact ..

Go S L O W ... The first time ... Nothing needs to be forced .... Pay special attention to that ....

But, once you see how it goes together, it is EASY ... Once through and you will be good to go ....

Make sure that you have a good understanding of how the little black plastic rivets work .... There is a link with pics around here somewhere ...

Ride safe ...

Congrats on your new ride, you're gonna love it. Maybe we'll see each other on the road sometime, we don't live too far apart, and I ply the roads of western MT a lot during our short riding season.

How about a little review of the Erica's?

Don't know about the Gen III, but my Gen II didn't require all the tupperware removed in order to install my CW Ericas and Glendas. iirc, I had to remove the inner panels, in order to route wires & such, and had to remove the mirrors in order to install the brackets for the Ericas.

Congrats on the new ride!

I pulled my tupperware off for the first time a week or two ago. Their is a recent post about how to do it. Very un-nerving the first time. Lots of snap together bits that sound terrible coming apart.

I love my '13 even more than my Gen 1 and THAT is saying something.

Congrats! As others have said, it's time to make it your own now.

Enjoy the new ride, you won't be disappointed!!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Some first impressions.

Gobs of power

Carries it's weight low

Compact and solid feeling

Solid and predictable in the corners... I'm no Valentino Doohan

4000 mile service interval??? Really, what do owners really do.

Seat is surprisingly comfortable for an OEM seat

Will be hard to ride this bike and stay legal

How about a little review of the Erica's?
I've been working on it. Waiting on a helmet cam to do a 'real world' video...

Some first impressions.

Gobs of power

Carries it's weight low

Compact and solid feeling

Solid and predictable in the corners... I'm no Valentino Doohan

4000 mile service interval??? Really, what do owners really do.

Seat is surprisingly comfortable for an OEM seat

Will be hard to ride this bike and stay legal

Power -- yep. I'm still nervous about full throttle in third...

Carries it's weight low -- well, if feels like that on the road. Different story in the parking lot...

Compact and solid feeling -- +1

Solid and predictable in the corners -- yeah, even with the OEM suspension it's pretty good. A suspension upgrade makes it awesome

Service is surprisingly easy on this bike. With the FSM and this forum, an owner can tackle darn near anything service related

The stock seat seems sufficient for some. For me I was sobbing @ 6 hours...

Hard to ride and stay legal -- hoo, yah! At least you have a cruise control...

Last edited by a moderator: