First fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal180

Reaction score
Hi ive just picked up a 2004 model and wondering whats best kit and way to fit cruise control or is it better to get a throttle lock?? 

The Electronic Rostra auto kits have been adapted to the FJR with good success.  You should be able to find info on the forum with a search.  McCruise also offers a full on moto kit for the 2004 FJR.

Welcome to the FJR world.

For many years now I've just used a simple plastic (nylon material actually) mechanical throttle control. Cost me about $15 and is easy / intuitive to use as a primitive cruise control on/off to give my right hand a break for brief periods. 

My Gen1 is also a 2004, and so I was wondering if you are also in the market to update front / rear suspension like I was years ago (?).

Lots of aftermarket bits available out there if you know where to look. Windshields, suspension, lighting, luggage, reflective tape / decals, GPS devices, RAM mounts, etc...

Welcome to the FJR world.

For many years now I've just used a simple plastic (nylon material actually) mechanical throttle control. Cost me about $15 and is easy / intuitive to use as a primitive cruise control on/off to give my right hand a break for brief periods. 

My Gen1 is also a 2004, and so I was wondering if you are also in the market to update front / rear suspension like I was years ago (?).

Lots of aftermarket bits available out there if you know where to look. Windshields, suspension, lighting, luggage, reflective tape / decals, GPS devices, RAM mounts, etc...
Looking for suggestions on updating suspension on a Gen1 04, thinking YSS or Hyperpro street kit (includes fork springs). Would also consider used aftermarket suspension bits, just point me in the right direction...

Hey Raecogeo, though I live in the Edmonton area, back in 2013 I ordered my HyperPro rear shock + remote adjuster from EPM in New Jersey:

• Klaus Huenecke (732) 786-9777
This spring I had it rebuilt (after 6 years and ~ 70,000 Kms of use).  Glad I bought it - transformed this heavy power tourer into a sweet torque monster that let me narrow my chicken strips with confidence. Think I spent $1350 CDN back then - well worth it for the long trips I do each year.

I cannot speak to front springs from HyperPro - never bought from them yet.

Good luck in your quest.

I have the Rostra kit on my 2006. Wasn't an easy install (it's a bit of a science project) but it works great. The biggest issue is that all the wiring harnesses set up for cars, so are way too long for a bike. If you want plug and play, the closest is the MC Cruise, but it's very expensive.

There is no comparison between real cruise and a throttle lock. With a throttle lock, you slow down on every uphill and speed up on every downhill. Drives me crazy.