First "long" ride on my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithe68

Reaction score
Heading to Idaho Falls, ID tomorrow for a week of training. Had the option of driving, and I took it, especially with work paying $491 for gas for a 1020 mile round trip! I will be pocketing some cash there! Should be a good time, I am excited to get some real miles in.

Done that a few times myself...make a few extra farkle bucks!

Have a great trip and tear up a few back roads. :)

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I will give a better update, with some road thoughts, when I am our of class. For now I will just say, WOW, I can't believe I went 6 years riding a cruiser and not an FJR!

SacramentoMike, depending on how much time you have heading home, I would say riding the stretch from Lolo, MT along highway 12 over Lolo Pass and pretty much to Lewiston, ID is a must. Other than that, if you go further north to Missoula you could ride 200 west, it's some nice riding as well. I like to make a loop of those two every year. If you are inclined to keep heading north to the Washington coast before heading south, both highway 20 and highway 2 offer some good riding, 2 can be a bit boring early on. Hope that helps.