First Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rddiehl

Reaction score
We had a break in the weather today, the sun was shinning and it was 36 degrees outside. I was able to find me a clear path to the main roads, which are all clear. Put my long johns on and my heavy cortech jacket and went for a 20 mile ride. I have nothing negative to say about this bike. Coming off of a VTX 1300 I have to say the FJR had a little more zip :eek: . Love the brakes, 100x's better than the VTX. The protection the bike provides is outstanding, even though I am 6'2" tall i don't think I will be getting a taller wind screen like a number of people on this site see to do. I did not expect it to give me protection like a Goldwing, nor did I want it to. Seat feels good to me Everthing just feels good and I sure this comes as no suprise to you all, we have a winner. Now we just need some warmer weather, at least 50degrees.

I have both, an 03 VTX 1800 ( highly modified ) and my 07 FJR. I love my VTX for its Attitude, But as A friend of my stated " The VTX is like a Dump truck in comparison"