First Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1FJR

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Well I had my first ride of the new year today. I had to wait for the snow to clear from the roads and for the forks to be done and reinstalled. I had purchased the new springs and Penske shock earlier in the winter. Finally got all the parts installed except the forks and mother nature decided to dump 4 to 8 inches of cold wet snow yesterday. Then today it is 50 and it is all melting. So time to get the bike out of storage and bring it home. First I had to reinstall the forks, and put in the battery. The forks went in easy, reset all the settings and tried to start the bike. Then I remember I had to put the battery in first. Just in too much of a hurry. In goes the battery and it starts right up on the first try. Not bad after it had been sitting since late October. Then it was a short 2 mile ride home so that I can go to work this evening. Hope tomorrow is good weather so that I can go for a little longer ride.

Maybe short, but at least you got to ride it for a bit. Nice to hear everything worked on the first go around too...that's a good sign for the upcoming warm weather!