First Saddle Sore Completed - New IBA Member

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Bill

Old Dog
Reaction score
I completed the Saddle Sore part of the MM1K rally this weekend. I completed the Saddle Sore 1000 part of the rally and got a few points too.

Started Saturday 6am in Northampton Massachusetts to a few showers/deluge of rain.

At my first stop/pee break at ten I called home and my rotten 12 year old laughingly asked how I liked the weather (it was pouring out at home too)!

I've informed my kids that now that I'm an IBA member they have to show me more respect. They cannot call me "Butt Head" any longer, they will now address me as "Iron Butt Head". :rolleyes:

........ they have to show me more respect. They cannot call me "Butt Head" any longer, they will now address me as "Iron Butt Head". :rolleyes:
LOL LOL, Certainly you've earned the respect that you're now demanding. Good Job to you Mr. Iron Butt-Head

I completed the Saddle Sore part of the MM1K rally this weekend. I completed the Saddle Sore 1000 part of the rally and got a few points too.
Congrats, man! Wasn't that hard, it? Hope you didn't have to deal with foul weather the whole day.

I hope to join the IBS ranks soon also.
You're certainly in a great state to do it in! I could send ya a sample route if you'd like. RJ & I did an in-state SS1k about this time last year.

Started Saturday 6am in Northampton Massachusetts to a few showers/deluge of rain.

At my first stop/pee break at ten I called home and my rotten 12 year old laughingly asked how I liked the weather (it was pouring out at home too)!

I've informed my kids that now that I'm an IBA member they have to show me more respect. They cannot call me "Butt Head" any longer, they will now address me as "Iron Butt Head". :rolleyes:
Good Job! I understand that a SS1K completed in less than ideal weather conditions commands more respect. Or ridicule in my case as friends and family asked, "Are you nuts?! Congrats!

And a warning -
it's just starting.

So - what's next?
Yeah I noticed that this is very addicting. Next would be a rally and another rally and another rally and maybe a BBG, that would be really tough to do in this part of the country with all the LEO's and traffic, but I think people around here have done the BBG before.

Welcome to the insanity. Knowing how methodical a 1000 mile trip can be on a bike like this, the map of the US just got a lot smaller, didn't it.