first week with Remus Hexacone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

818Guy

Reaction score
I've had my Remus Hexacone for a week now on my 2006 AE. First week I ran with the baffles in along with Holeshot/Wally map on my PCIII.

The bikes "seems" to be quicker when accelerating (butt dyno). Noticed it the first time on the freeway and cracked her wide open to join oncoming traffic. Wow, it surprised me.

Decent sound with the baffles in, minimal drone around 3-4k rpms, especially cruising in street traffic (30-40 mph). Financee had no compliants.

Took the baffles out today. It does have more rumble now, which I like. However, the drone at 3-4k rpms is much more noticable. Probably wouldn't do any long cruising with this set-up. With street riding it's a bit much in my helmet (the drone). Financee said it's okay but agreed it's not something to have for any longer distance riding (100+ miles).

Other comments:

Installation was a b*tch, especially those springs.

Removing the baffles was a b*tch also. My right side had the tack weld "seep" between the baffle and the outside of the muffler. Ugh, what a pain. Had to force a screwdriver in there to break it, then it came out.

As stated by others, the look of the mufflers is second to none IMO.

Overall I give the Remus Hexacone two thumbs up. :clapping: