Firstgear firstgear-usa.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbjbany

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a Firstgear Kilimanjaro in November 2013 - early this year 1 of the snaps on the front came off , i thought at the time oh well thats a shame , but i looked up their site and they give a 2 year limited warranty. So i contacted them (1-866-302-5676) and explained (after some struggle to explain a "popper" and a snap are the same thing),

They asked for photo's and some background (receipt, size and address) and i sent them off in email the same day

Next day i get a ups return label and a mail saying they sending me a new jacket and to return the old in the box !!!! - I truly was expecting a bit of back and forth on why the snap coming off was my fault, too rough etc - But no - nothing - GREAT Customer orientation

I will be looking for first gear stuff again

Hope the 2 year thing helps someone else - https://www.firstgear-usa.com/warranty,

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Firstgear stuff for 15 plus years..It's always been top shelf, only one issue and it was fixed as stated above.

I'm on my fourth or fifth First Gear jacket . I had a seam let go on a mesh jacket and it was replaced with no question.

GREAT THREAD! I've got a pair of F/G mesh pants purchased less than 2-years ago with a broken ring that is sewed for the Velcro waist adjustment.

Customer Service - here I come.

Many thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

Firstgear carries tall sizes, which is how I ended up wearing them. Been pretty happy with their stuff. Glad to hear they stand behind it.

I've got some FG overalls that are really my favorite riding pants. Discontinued model. Very comfy and warm, and amazingly waterproof after may years. BTW, overalls aren't so popular but for cold weather they are so nice--the big overlap with a long coat really adds to the warmth and keeps all air out.

Timely thread. My Kilimanjaro has 3 snaps that have come loose. Since I purchased in September '13, , I should be covered as well. I'll be sending them an email.

BTW, love the jacket. Gets a little hot in the summer here, but that's when I switch to mesh anyway. But the overall quality and wind/water-proofness of it are great.

I purchased a Firstgear Kilimanjaro in November 2013 - early this year 1 of the snaps on the front came off , i thought at the time oh well thats a shame , but i looked up their site and they give a 2 year limited warranty. So i contacted them (1-866-302-5676) and explained (after some struggle to explain a "popper" and a snap are the same thing),

They asked for photo's and some background (receipt, size and address) and i sent them off in email the same day

Next day i get a ups return label and a mail saying they sending me a new jacket and to return the old in the box !!!! - I truly was expecting a bit of back and forth on why the snap coming off was my fault, too rough etc - But no - nothing - GREAT Customer orientation

I will be looking for first gear stuff again

Hope the 2 year thing helps someone else - https://www.firstgear-usa.com/warranty,
I had the EXACT same experience with them, but with 2 jackets! A high vis one and a silver one. Excellent customer service and I haven't had any problems with the replacements they sent me. It was kinda funny they tried to tell me that this hasn't been a problem with these jackets though!

To follow up (Post #7 above), I contacted FirstGear about the snap issue and once they had pictures of the problem, they overnighted a replacement. I just need to send the original back to them. That's pretty good service.

Going on 8 yrs on my Kilimanjaro jacket and still going strong. My zipper sticks a bit on the bottom when pulling it up but never any issues besides that. Should get several more yrs. out of it.