FJR - 1, Forest Rat - ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very happy to read both of you are OK! Very scary stuff this is.

So, how's the undies looking? :unsure:

It's a pretty sick feeling when the moment of realization hits you that impact WILL happen and it's happening NOW!

Does your scoot look anything like this? This was an 06, the insurance company rebuilt it for me. No problems after rebuild, she tracks straight and runs better.

MassDamage.jpg

And why for the life of me can't I remember your real name? Jeesh, I'm losing it.

Dave, so glad you two are ok - when I saw the post heading, there was a collective breath hold going on, I'm sure!

Bikes is Bikes. They can get fixed/repaired/replaced.

See you in Golden !!

Glad to hear you and your bride are OK. Just bring the pieces and your insurance check to NAFO and we will fix it up for you. I am sure there will be enough spare color matching parts in the parking area. :rolleyes:

Good news that you're both OK and still able to attend NAFO. Hope the insurance treats you well.

Hey - if you're going to get a new black 08, could you get it before NAFO Saturday night dinner, because I have a pretty high number in the new tires lottery. :)

Jill

Great to hear your both untouched with harm. Looks like God was blessing you. Thanks for the reminder. There are a lot of deer around hear. Of course in Louisiana the are always in season so the population is not as dense a Texas or some other areas.

Sorry I'm not a golfer Dave but very happy you and the misses are healthy. Hopefully you and your wife will be back on the road soon. This late in the season you must be asking yourself what the 09's will look like? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The very first thought I had was how nice it would have been to be carrying a 9MM so that I could have emptied a clip into it a la Dale - but sadly no. I did take solace in the fact that this deer would be doing no further breeding!

I have never liked black bikes (although I had a slash 5 BMW with the white pinstriping which was OK), and the 2007 maroon didn't do it for me either. I'm very much hoping the 2009's will be the same metalflake red that my 93 ST1100 was - but the odds aren't good. We also have tickets for the 2008 3 Flags which runs over the Labour Day weekend from Mexicali to Nanaimo, so I have to have sport touring wheels back under me by then. I'm sure the 2009's won't deliver until next Spring?

I will get some pics up at some point, but DCarver's pics are pretty close except that our bike is Cerulian silver and we still have the headlights. Everything south of that sadly looks very similar. With ours being 2 model years older I'm guessing it will be a total.

Will have to think on this some more over the coming days. **%#@% adjuster isn't even going to look at it until the 16th - isn't mandatory government auto insurance grand?

I fear this same scenario, because I'm forced to face the fact that injuries/fatalities are caused by deer (where I live), every year. I've had some close calls, but so far I've been lucky. I try to ride smart, but there's always the chance of a zero-warning encounter, be that at 70 mph or 17.

Congratulations on both your luck & skillful handling of misfortune. It's also good to hear that an FJR can take an impact as well as your's did. May you never be faced with such, again.

Great to hear your both untouched with harm. [SIZE=18pt]Looks like God was blessing you[/SIZE]. Thanks for the reminder. There are a lot of deer around hear. Of course in Louisiana the are always in season so the population is not as dense a Texas or some other areas.
Word

42 years of riding experience and sound reactions helped, but the big fella was looking after us big time last night...

Sorry I'm not a golfer Dave but very happy you and the misses or heathy. Hopefully you and your wife will be back on the road soon. This late in the season you must be asking yourself what the 09's will look like? :rolleyes:
Brad: Fool that she is, Sylvia remains completely confident in my riding skill (and I remain completely confident in her tight connections with her Higher Power). First question she asked me was - can we get it fixed in time for NAFO? Now you know why I love this woman - my bride of 36 years!

Adva and I are happy to see that the two of you are ok. Sylvia is a trooper. Reminds me of a rally I was in a few weeks ago. One of the riders hit a deer and smashed up his leg pretty bad. When the organizer called his wife to deliver the news, her response was "oh well he hasn't crashed in a while I guess he was due". Gotta love biker-wives!

Our thoughts are with your '04 at this tragic time. I will give mine a pat on the tank for you! :)

Jude