FJR 2006 side cases (& handlebar Vibration stuff !!)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr007

Reaction score
I'm getting my bike next week :clapping: ... already started buying the small farkles (and ofcourse rider gear - see this is my 1st bike ever :yahoo: ) ... Where I'm (Dubai/UAE), we get the European version

without the side cases, now these cost approx $1400 at the local dealer who gets them from Yamaha UK, I know these come standard in the States, I've been unable to locate them on any of the online stores selling Yamaha parts, called a couple of dealers and got nowhere as they couldn't quote for it ... Wonder if someone know their prices / where to buy - in case they're better priced than Europe ?! Thanx

BTW - For handlebar vibration - is this the norm w/ FJR's 2006, do I need a kit to dampen that - what is recommended !

Last edited by a moderator:
You might talk with Gary at University Motors about side cases. Contact information has been detailed in this most excellent 2006 Bin-O-Facts. Not sure about shipping policies across the pond though, but if he can I'm sure he has a VERY decent price compared to what you're being quoted.

As for handelbar vibration there are many, MANY opinions on the subject and I highly suggest using the Search feature with the term +handlebar +vibration and see the various threads discussing the subject.

Get chummy w/ Gary over at University Motors. Seems to have the best prices on FJR body type stuff. Not wishing bad luck or anything... but has anyone told you this isn't the perfect 1st bike? It's possible you may be talking to Gary more than once.

Get chummy w/ Gary over at University Motors. Seems to have the best prices on FJR body type stuff. Not wishing bad luck or anything... but has anyone told you this isn't the perfect 1st bike? It's possible you may be talking to Gary more than once.
Appreciate the advise, :blink: ... well, I've been a keen reader of this forum for the last couple of months and have seen the diff. opinions around this, went to the showroom, saw the smaller 6xx Yamahas and Suzukis, but

couldn't fight the temptation/passion I feel all the members of this forum share about their bikes, guess will take my chances and try to be rational/reasonable as I get used to the monsterous Feejy ...

BTW - For handlebar vibration - is this the norm w/ FJR's 2006, do I need a kit to dampen that - what is recommended !
This is the smoothest bike I have ever ridden; I didn't see a need to make any changes. :D Have fun and be carefull, it likes speed. :huh:

PM "Wired" from here on the Forum. He was looking to sell a set of the bags. I don't know if he still has them, or if he would ship to the UK, but it is worth a try.

This is the smoothest bike I have ever ridden; I didn't see a need to make any changes. :D Have fun and be carefull, it likes speed. :huh:
Now that's cool, was worried it was a common impression, now it is clear that the buzz/vibration is not the norm for FJRs :) ...

Appreciate the advise, :blink: ... well, I've been a keen reader of this forum for the last couple of months and have seen the diff. opinions around this, went to the showroom, saw the smaller 6xx Yamahas and Suzukis, but

couldn't fight the temptation/passion I feel all the members of this forum share about their bikes, guess will take my chances and try to be rational/reasonable as I get used to the monsterous Feejy ...
Go easy on that twisty grip on the right handlebar. It bites the unwary.

Vibration is rather subjective. The FJR buzzes at higher RPM differently than a twin does for example. Some can't feel it or it doesn't bother them. Some it is instantly irritating. Hold on before you buy anything and see how it is.

Consider that there are three colours in Europe and we only have two here in North America.

Expect to pay something on the order of US$800-$900 for a set of bags discounted, then you'll need to have them shipped across - and there might be duties and taxes to pay that could be included in the price you'd pay your dealer.

So in the end would it be a deal? Only you can know for certain.

'Course you could find someone headed to your part of the world on business who would fill bags (still in boxes) bought at University with dirty underwear and bike magazines and they could ship them as extra baggage 'cause they are luggage after all. He unboxes them and goes through Customs. You could meet him at the airport and pick them up. Just sayin'.........

Lots of oilfield guys going over that might want to make a quick buck and still save you money. :)

Congrats on your FJR.

I have the AE and installed bar ends (manic salamander). They have not helped with my vibration. I was told by the dealership service department, "that's just how the FJR is..."

I'm getting my bike next week :clapping: ... already started buying the small farkles (and ofcourse rider gear - see this is my 1st bike ever :yahoo: ) ... Where I'm (Dubai/UAE), we get the European version without the side cases, now these cost approx $1400 at the local dealer who gets them from Yamaha UK, I know these come standard in the States, I've been unable to locate them on any of the online stores selling Yamaha parts, called a couple of dealers and got nowhere as they couldn't quote for it ... Wonder if someone know their prices / where to buy - in case they're better priced than Europe ?! Thanx

I have only had my bike up to aprox. 115mph with the wife on the back. What vibration are you talking about?

'Course you could find someone headed to your part of the world on business who would fill bags (still in boxes) bought at University with dirty underwear and bike magazines and they could ship them as extra baggage 'cause they are luggage after all. He unboxes them and goes through Customs. You could meet him at the airport and pick them up. Just sayin'.........Lots of oilfield guys going over that might want to make a quick buck and still save you money. :)
That's really funny :D definitely the ideal arrangment, let's keep looking for that :)

European version comes standard with the side cases. The case liners are an extra.Check again with your dealer or another as I think you are being screwed

Howard
Not really, check Yamaha's UK site, saddle bags are an extra option over there ! :huh:

If the Yamaha bags are an option, and they're so grossly expensive, why don't you check out the offerings from Givi and Shad? Givi for sure has good looking bags and I think you may find a reasonably close colour match.

I have a friend in Abu Dhabi who can get stuff shipped to him APO. Let me know if you'd like to go that route and drive over there to pick them up.

I have a friend in Abu Dhabi who can get stuff shipped to him APO. Let me know if you'd like to go that route and drive over there to pick them up.
Surely interested, learned from Umotors the cost is $920 + $60 brackets ... If you give me the OK (and APO address :p ) then I'll have them ordered right away, Thanx ;)