FJR Common Torque Values and Wrench Sizes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a reason why the most recent graphic indicates 2016+ instead of 2013+? Just curious since the specs I see appear to match what my 2014 requires.
It say 2016+ because I have a 2016 and I know the newer bikes are basically the same. If 2013+ is correct I will make the change. Can I get a second on that?

AdamK what does the numbers under "Front Axle" mean? 

right to left 1234
Number the four pinch bolts 1 to 4 from right to left.  The numbers below that are the order the bolts should be tightened (torqued).

I see AdamK is a little faster than I  am on the keyboard!

It's common to use the terms "right" and "left" while sitting on the bike looking forward. Note that the drawing has it the other way around for the front axle pinch bolts: "1" is actually the most left bolt (while sitting on the bike) - or the most right bolt if you are standing in front on the bike looking backwards...so, be careful with the "right to left" wording here!

It's common to use the terms "right" and "left" while sitting on the bike looking forward. Note that the drawing has it the other way around for the front axle pinch bolts: "1" is actually the most left bolt (while sitting on the bike) - or the most right bolt if you are standing in front on the bike looking backwards...so, be careful with the "right to left" wording here!
Good point. I just assumed it would be as pictured in the manual or as view while looking at the bolts, which can't be done sitting on the bike. 

Hey boys! I was digging for some torque values and landed on this topic. Seems that the drawing/graphic, shared here, was quite valuable. However, it is no longer visible, link has been erased I guess.

Can anyone share a fresh link to this masterpiece? o.0

Thanks in advance!

Hey boys! I was digging for some torque values and landed on this topic. Seems that the drawing/graphic, shared here, was quite valuable. However, it is no longer visible, link has been erased I guess.

Can anyone share a fresh link to this masterpiece? o.0

Thanks in advance!
2013 Front End.jpg
This One? It's the same as in post #26 above.

The first "gotcha" on that torque list that will get ya.........is the oil drain plug and rear diff plug. DO NOT torque to 31 lbs.

It should be more like 17 lbs.

I have a 2008 FJR1300A. I have a manual for the 2006-2007 FJR1300A. In my manual, the ABS sensor bolt (front and rear) is listed as and measures as an M6 button head cap screw with a torque spec of 22 ft-lbs. This is clearly the wrong torque spec for this small bolt. On Adam's 2016 photo and torque spec list the ABS sensor bolt is listed as M4 with a torque spec of 5.1 ft-lbs. I think that Adam's torque spec listing is correct but I'm unsure of the actual bolt size for a 2016. Who knows the correct torque spec for the M6 button head cap screw on the 2008? I've never used a torque wrench on these two bolts when installing them and doubt that it's crucial. I just want to correct the manual.

Edit: I think I found it HERE.
I still question Adam's M4 ABS sensor bolt for the 2016

Last edited: