• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR Farkle sale: Laam seat, links, adjust kickstand, Rack for Trekker,

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FJRat

Reaction score
Laam seat sold

lowering link, rack for a trekker box and kickstand extention left

Pm if interested. I am no longer monitoring this thread...thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Vibrations perhaps....
rolleyes.gif
smile.png

you were not the first. I did reply to all the emails. and its sold already.sorry

seat has been sold. all other items are still for sale

I must say this is bit disappointing.

I believe I was the first reply last night to your post at 1:30AM and sent an email on the seat. This morning when I checked the forum, it appears that you deleted the earlier listing and made a new one an hour later but I also had an email from you with pictures. I sent reply asking where you were shipping from (808 area code suggest Hawaii to Midway Islands)

In response to my question you sent me an email today at 1:47PM stating "...I got about 10 inquiries on this ... I ll honor that u were the first..."

I was away from the computer for a bit today but it's disappointing to come back to the forum and see the post above that it was sold 2hrs after your email.

Oh well.

I must say this is bit disappointing.
I believe I was the first reply last night to your post at 1:30AM and sent an email on the seat. This morning when I checked the forum, it appears that you deleted the earlier listing and made a new one an hour later but I also had an email from you with pictures. I sent reply asking where you were shipping from (808 area code suggest Hawaii to Midway Islands)

In response to my question you sent me an email today at 1:47PM stating "...I got about 10 inquiries on this ... I ll honor that u were the first..."

I was away from the computer for a bit today but it's disappointing to come back to the forum and see the post above that it was sold 2hrs after your email.

Oh well.
What a shitty way to sell something. I also sent a email, and a contact number. I get a voice mail saying the first to Paypal payment the seat was there's .

Looks like he is on a BMW now.. That's even's enough.. That's a good place for him.

Smitty

Folks,

Several people claim to be the first. The actual first person received a couple of replies from me and a caveat about the numerous buyers in line.

I did not erase the post. The Admin guy erased my first post claiming I had it on the wrong thread. I apologized to Ignacio (the admin) and reposted in the appropriate thread.

After a couple of hours I began to lose track of who I was talking to. And a gentlemen called and posted the payment and that was it.

I recent the "shitty way to sell something" characterization. It was actually a good deed of mine to sell the seat so cheap so someone else enjoys it on their Feejer and at a good price. You missed my intentions by a mile.

I understand the mad dash for the good deal, but dont shit on me cause you did not get it...I am really sorry.

But then again, the obstinates on this forum will continue to make everything into a downer till my last minute. good riddance...

I certainly received no caveats in the reply that I received to my 7 AM question about pics (since the question was solicited in the post). I too was away from my computer, though the reply that was sent was issued 8 hours after I initiated the contact (and posted my actions in the topic).

When I didn't respond instantly, you resent the photos 52 minutes later, again without any caveats about offers - and 2 hours after that, when I said 'sold', you then took two MORE hours to tell me it was sold and even said that the buyer 'just sent money no questions asked' - well sorry, but I figured you wanted money for shipping, so I asked how much for that.

So, it is OK for you to not respond for 8 hours, but if I don't get back to you in 52 minutes you just assume that I'm not interested?

Man, but that's a REALLY lame way to handle a sale. I REALLY hope you took a bath on the sale of your ride.

I just love a happy ending! The thought of that wonderful bike and all those accessories under this person was abhorrent to me. No surprise to see it all end this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bram- I think the comment about " ...couple of replies from me and a caveat about the numerous buyers in line" was directed to me.

I saw the post last night around 1:40AM and it was about 10 min old. I was the first post and indicated that I also sent him an email (1:44 AM). I assumed I was first in line.

There was a reply with pictures sent at 2:30AM but I did not get it until this morning. Checking the forum I noticed the original post was gone and a new one was there.

10:17 AM I sent a message inquiring about shipping as he listed 808 area code which Google said was Hawaii/ Midway Islands.

Reply from seller at 1:47PM:

If can have a bit of patience I can ship this Parcel....done 100s times!...it will get there between 2 to six weeks. This being not a 'holiday' season time it will probably be on tbe lower end of that time frame.

Parcel is no that expensive.

I got about 10 inquiries on this ... I ll honor that u were the first but u need to make your mind pronto my brother...at this price, a Laam seat is a give away

Granted I was away from the computer for a bit and he did state he wanted a quick response due to other interest. I just would have thought that he would give me more than 2 hours before posting that it was sold.

I guess there is no sense bitching about it. Sounds like FJRat has a new ride and is moving on. Hopefully the seat will arrive to another forum member in 4-6 weeks without incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.